Naked Egg Taco Coming to Taco Bell on August 31st

On Thursday, August 31st, Taco Bell will be releasing the new Naked Egg Taco.  The Naked Egg Taco features a fried egg for a shell, crispy potatoes, cheese and your choice of bacon or sausage.  Available for a limited time for a suggested price of $1.99 or as a combo with coffee or a medium drink and 2 Cinnabon Delights or a hash brown for $3.99.  If you don’t care for a fried egg for a shell, the Naked Egg Taco is also available “dressed” in a Gordita Flatbread.

18 comments on “Naked Egg Taco Coming to Taco Bell on August 31st

1. Sascha says:

These meet have been testing in Michigan a couple months back. I had one, really enjoyed it.

2. Caitlin says:

So… an omelet? XD

3. Johnnyboy says:

Looks tasty, but I know those eggs might be precooked ones they will use like Dunkin’ Donuts.

4. snarky says:

they’re taking this whole alternative taco shell to a new level…

5. Sascha says:

No, not an omelette. This is a fried egg with intact yolk, not whisked eggs.

• MP says:

(*Collective eyes roll)

• Sascha says:

Not sure what the eye roll is for. Granted, my comment was in response to Caitlyn, not sure why it didn’t pop up under hers. Still, my point is the same, as that this shell is made of a fried egg, not whisked, as an omelette would be. I personally have never seen anyone fold ingredients into an over easy egg, maybe that’s just me, though.

• Caitlin says:

OK, so it’s not 100% an omelette by “legal” standards since the eggs were never whisked, but the concept is still strikingly similar that it might as well be the same thing since it will probably still taste the same from what I’d imagine. If we’re going to get technical, the definition of pizza maintains that it is made using a flat, thin layer of bread dough. However, I wouldn’t go running around to every store selling Chicago Style Pizza or Pan Pizzas and telling them it wasn’t pizza because the crust wasn’t made out of a thinner bread. As far as I’m concerned, this “new” taco bell creation is still an omelette. If I’m the only one who sees this I’d say their marketing department did a very nice job of promoting this breakfast “taco”!

6. Robert says:

Oh I am allll over this. Good idea, low in carbs, and probably won’t suck like their waffle taco did.

7. BigBelly says:

This answers the age old question of which came first…

8. doctorx0079 says:

Seems like a floppy mess. Too weird for me.

9. Joe Cool says:

I threw up in my own mouth at the look and thought of this. What an absoultely disgusting product.

10. Jennifer says:

I would maybe check this out….i like lower carb, higher protein options for breakfast. There aren’t many fast food places that offer such. I wonder about the texture of the egg???