New Chicken Parmesan Sandwich from Burger King

As consumers of fast food, we go through a regular cycle of new products that aren’t really new.  There might be a tweaked rebranding or a minor ingredient switch and it’s advertised as new again.  The latest LTO from Burger King is the Chicken Parmesan Sandwich and we reviewed a version of it back in 2012.

• As described in 2012: A premium white meat chicken fillet generously breaded with homemade seasoning carefully topped with tangy marinara sauce, melted mozzarella cheese and shaved parmesan cheese all on a warm, toasted artisan-style bun.  610 calories, 25 grams of fat
  • As described in 2017: The Chicken Parmesan Sandwich is a 100% white meat chicken filet, which is seasoned and breaded, carefully topped with Italian-style marinara sauce melted mozzarella cheese and shaved parmesan cheese all on a toasted potato bun. 570 calories, 25 grams of fat

9 comments on “New Chicken Parmesan Sandwich from Burger King

1. Sascha says:

I love potato buns, but I hate BK’s potato bun. Other than that, their Italian sandwiches have always been on point. Will definitely grab one, will just try to remember to put on a Whopper bun.

2. Brian says:

Glad to see this come back. Ever since the late 90s, I have always loved this sandwich at BK, even if prior versions were on the flat and long chicken patty. I don’t hate BK like a lot of the folks here do, still love going to eat there a few times a month.

3. Bubbsy says:

I like that even though the description changed slightly, they held onto it being “carefully topped”…. I really want to believe that when an order for this sandwich hits the screen, the sandwich assembler suddenly gives a f*ck. I WANT TO BELIEVE!!!!!

4. Johnnyboy says:

Burger King has improved that I ate a Whopper recently and it was fresh at 10:30am. Now McDonald’s need to come up with new stuff.

5. Ryanexpress says:

I loved the old one, but as mentioned, that had the original chicken patty as the base – and not nearly as much a fan of the smaller, thicker chicken patty.

• Barnaby says:

This version isn’t a smaller patty – it’s a filet. Agreed though that people who prefer the processed chicken loaf as opposed to an actual filet will not be a fan of this.