Papa John’s Introduces Bigger Chicken Poppers

Papa John’s Chicken Poppers aren’t new to the brand, but they’ve been given the “new and improved” treatment and they’re currently being promoted along with the return of the Double XL Pizza.  The Chicken Poppers are now bigger than before and feature all-white chicken breast pieces that are breaded and oven-baked.  Priced at $6 for 10 Chicken Poppers and your choice of dipping sauce.As mentioned before, the Double XL Pizza is back for a limited time.  It’s priced at $12. The Double XL Pizza is a 16-inch hand-tossed crust pizza that features extra large Italian sausage and deli-style pepperoni, plus a layer of traditional Italian sausage and mozzarella.

15 comments on “Papa John’s Introduces Bigger Chicken Poppers

1. Doug says:

Because bigger is better!

2. Ryan D says:

As someone who worked for Papa Johns, I will warn you that the extra large sausage spoiled super fast. Once we opened the bag, we had less then 3 days to use it before it started getting fuzzy, lol.

• MP says:

Annnnnd we’ll obviously be ignoring this child. Another bitter minimum-wage deadbeat who (*surprise) bad-talks his former employers.

• Ryan D says:

I was assistant manager there. I worked there while I went to school. Now I’m a Nurse Practitioner, so yeah call me a deadbeat if you want. But what I said was true. Had to order so many bags of the large sausage, which sucked because they cost a lot and we didn’t really sell that many pizzas. (but the pizza is well worth worth it in terms of value)

• CulinaryZerg says:

Are you Papa John? Those personal insults were really uncalled for.

• MP says:

Meat has spoiled days before it is conspicuously “fuzzy”. If sealed pre-cooked bags of sausage were regularly moldy within 3 days of opening them, the accusation is that PJ is *regularly* serving spoiled meat to their customers. It’s not like the comment was “we had to throw out a bag of sausage because we found it to be spoiled.” So, yes, a stupid and childish thing to post on the interwebz about a decent company. But these trolls are a dime-a-dozen and I should not feed the attention-craving deadbeat and just ignore those throwaway comments like most people.

• Thistle says:

How is that bad talking? Meat sometimes spoils fast. That’s not some groundbreaking news or something…

• doctorx0079 says:

I don’t know, anybody have a problem with sausage pizzas from Papa John’s?

• Ryan D says:

It was only an issue with the large pinched Italian sausage. The other meats were always fine. I feel that maybe since it had such a low turnover it caused it to get moldy in the makeline? Or maybe since the recipe was slightly different then the usual Italian sausage. I don’t know why you think I’m a troll though. Not like I’m making fun of you dyeing your eyebrows. lol

3. Esther says:

I know they’re nothing special, but I really like their chicken poppers, so I’m excited to try the new version!

4. Johnnyboy says:

The pizza should no doubt be great but not the breaded chicken poppers unless they are fried. It seems any breaded chicken or fish product is a lie and contains like 50% breeding and water. Take for example some TYSON chicken products.

• stilletkniv says:

Just because you’re ignorant doesn’t mean you’re being “lied” to. Tyson has a description of their products prominently displayed on the front of the packaging, you wouldn’t even have to read the ingredients to know that their patties or nuggets are breaded/chopped/formed/processed chicken with fillers. This product from PJ on the other hand is breaded actual pieces of white-meat chicken (not processed/formed with fillers, etc), so no they’re not like Tyson’s nuggets at all.

5. CulinaryZerg says:

Why would anyone ever order baked chicken products from a pizza joint? By definition it’s no better than a bag of frozen Tyson’s, except you pay more and wait longer for it to arrive, lukewarm.

• Bubbsy says:

I hear you …. Also I never understood the popularity of chicken wings at pizza joints because they’re just run through the pizza oven and come out soft and rubbery. Maybe it’s the same people who like to boil a steak?

6. Ryan D. says:

We used to put the honey chipotle sauce on the chicken poppers. They were so good. Idk why they never sold it as a side sauce.