New Bacon Beer Cheese Burger from Wendy’s

Thanks to GrubGrade reader Jim for the info that his local Wendy’s in Houston, Texas is offering the new Bacon Beer Cheese Burger.  The burger’s featured ingredients are applewood-smoked bacon, beer cheese spread, caramelized onions, and a pretzel bun.  Priced at $5.29 for the burger alone, or $7.19 for the combo.  We’ll keep you posted if/when this goes national.  Wendys Bacon Beer Cheese BurgerBacon Beer Cheese Burger

27 comments on “New Bacon Beer Cheese Burger from Wendy’s

1. M-Logan says:

Well what’s not to like with that!
    Made of all my favorite things.

2. holly says:

sounds good…but just can’t justify buying a fast food burger at that price point…

• Johnnyboy says:

Right on! Can get a better burger at fuddruckers for a buck more.

• JF says:

I’ll be honest, I pretty much though they went out of business as they don’t seem to have much a presence at all. They were always overrated and that’s probably why you can get a burger there for a buck more.

Glad you like them, more power to you, at the same time it’s the classic case of comparing a fast food joint to a sit down restaurant. Or the typical response to anything subway related that you can get a better, cheaper sandwich, at a place that doesn’t come close to their national presence.

• Barnaby says:

“Sit-down restaurant”…. you can get food truck or fast food burgers that taste much better than a “sit-down restaurant” — There’s nothing wrong with comparing burgers from those environments. I got an $8 burger off a food truck that blew my hair back it was so good, and I’ve had a $10 burger at one of your sit-down restaurants that was completely mediocre. I’d love to hear you explain how a sit-down restaurant is somehow beyond comparison, haha… unless you’re star-struck by the waitress with a nametag?

• Johnnyboy says:

I am pretty sure trucks have great burgers but I don’t live in the city so I can’t try them whenever I want. I wonder why Fuddruckers are all closing down too. I hate 5 guys, they are not as tasty before and too expensive. I guess for fast food Roy Rogers and Hardee’s have the best hamburgers for the best price. Even though Wendy’s is okay, they are a little too expensive. And for sit down restaurant, you can’t go wrong with Red Robin.

• Marc says:

Well what fast food burgers do you usually buy? Dollar burgers?

Most premium fast food burgers are at that price.

• Christopher Thomas says:

Wendy’s recently upgraded their burger construction, so it is about on par with Five Guys, maybe a little less, but definitely tiers above McD and BK.

• Johnnyboy says:

I love Mcdonalds but they are not where you go to get a REAL hamburger, sadly BK Whoppers don’t taste as good as before. Five Guys is okay but too pricey now. I would go to Wendy’s before Five Guys.

• David says:

That’s pretty much standard price now for premium fast food burgers.

• Junior says:

I bought a whopper w/cheese combo and upsized to medium and it came to almost $10. So this combo price seems in line with my local prices here in SoCal. i’ll admit I choked at the price, but the McDonald’s that are near me also charge upwards of $7-8 for a big mac combo.

3. Chris says:

Had this a few weeks ago. They must have left the bun out for a few days, because it crumbled like kitty litter. Very disappointing. However you left out that it has Muenster cheese, which I thought was the best part actually. The “German” mustard was pretty good as well.

4. M-Logan says:

Are you aware a Big Mac is like $4.99 these days?

5. Kyle says:

Copying Hardees much?

6. […] Wendy’s in Houston, Texas has been offering a Bacon & Beer Cheeseburger, GrubGrade reported. The new menu item includes the burger, applewood-smoked bacon, beer cheese spread, […]

7. JJJ says:

I had one of these last week. It was pretty good. The beer flavor in the cheese sauce is stronger than the Carls Jr version.

8. Mark says:

Awesome. Hope it goes nationwide. I enjoyed the Hardees one and typically Wendys burger patties are way better. Looking forward to this one.

9. Andre says:

In for a double if it becomes available locally. Wendy’s definitely has a leg up in using fresh beef. BK/McD’s please take note.

• Alex K. says:

“Fresh” = 32.5* Fahrenheit to Wendy’s. I sincerely doubt that half a degree makes any difference in flavor. Wendy’s burgers are tasty, but them being “fresh” isn’t the reason.

• Andre says:

Freezing any kind of food results in both chemical and textural changes.

From a user on Quora: “…upon freezing, water in the cell’s cytoplasm will form water crystals, expand and rupture the cell walls/membranes. As long as the food remains frozen this doesn’t have any significant effect. But upon thawing, the cytoplasmic contents will seep out of the tissues and would then probably undergo chemical processes even more readily. Additionally, the tissue structure of the food will be altered, changing its texture, cooking time and even its behaviour when cooking…”

It’s basic science. Ask Gordon Ramsay.

• doctorx0079 says:

You have evidence of this? Do you work there?