New Bacon King from Burger King

The latest promotion from Burger King is a bit simpler than what we’re used to lately. ┬áIntroducing the Bacon King… featuring two quarter pound flame-grilled beef patties, a hearty portion of thick-cut smoked bacon, melted American cheese, ketchup, and mayo on a sesame seed bun.Bacon King BKThe Bacon King will set you back 1040 calories, 69 grams of fat, 28 grams of saturated fat, 48 grams of carbs, 1900 milligrams of sodium, 10 grams of sugar, and 57 grams of protein.

21 comments on “New Bacon King from Burger King

1. Non says:

You mean heart attack king.

2. John W says:

The description reminds me of a BK Stacker, except with larger beef patties and with mayo rather than the so-called Stacker Sauce (also known as 1000-Island dressing). Count me in.

• Brian says:

Had it the other day and thought it was good. The guy making my burger didn’t rush it and it was put together nicely. But yea it reminded with a lot of the stacker.

3. holly says:

so uh it’s a double bacon cheeseburger?

• Bubbsy says:

Yes, the sandwich isn’t literally a monarch that rules over the land of bacon. And if it helps your confusion: a “Baconator” is a bacon double cheeseburger, a “Whopper” is a hamburger with toppings, a “Big Fish” is a fish sandwich, a “McFlurry” is ice cream with toppings mixed in. For branding/simplification purposes sometimes restaurants will trademark a proprietary name that isn’t simply a description of what the item is.

• doctorx0079 says:

They should advertise this with a literal monarch that rules over the land of bacon. Unfortunately BK doesn’t want to spend money on things like that any more. Just bring back the Creepy King already. He was great.

• holly says:

You forget which land they rule…McFlurry is from the land of the Donalds

4. Danno B says:

I am not a BK fan, however I had this last week in Huntsville, AL. It was shockingly good. The bacon is very thick and different from the breakfast bacon they serve. It was $5.49 for the burger alone. I don’t know if I was lucky, but my burger had about 9 pieces of bacon on it. The bacon was large enough to hang out the length of the burger. It was pretty messy to eat. I was shocked it was a BK product. It was very good. IMO

5. M-Logan says:

Ketchup and mayo – pretty much a copy of Wendy’s Baconator, but that’s no bad thing.

6. Dustin Bumgarner says:

Wendy’s called… they want their Baconator back! Lol way to be original BK! The only differences are the type of burger patty, and the sesame seed bun.

• Peter says:

Yet that is enough. BK hamburger patties are quite different in taste and texture than Wendy’s.

• Dan says:

It’s BK’s way. They also made a Big King which was their ripped off version of a Big Mac. BK loves ripping off the competition and switching out for their flame grilled.

• Sascha says:

Well, first off, any place that wants to call themselves a burger restaurant should have a simple bacon double on the menu. And why are we talking about the Baconator as if Wendy’s invented something here? I’m quite sure the Baconzilla from Rally’s/Checkers came before the Baconator, and there’s no doubt that Hardee’s Monster Burger preceded them all.

7. Jon says:

Seems like BK is taking out the produce (which has long been the worst part of any BK sandwich I can remember) and just letting the meat shine on its own. I might have to get this. Yeah, it’s a Baconator clone, but the Wendy’s in my town closed last year so this may be a nice substitution.

8. Steven says:

Hearty portion of bacon? Had two half slices, maybe three. Not worth it.

• Stilletkniv says:

3 half-slices of thick-cut bacon is a substantial burger topping. It is after all a topping, not the protein base. The burger is 2 quarter lb patties dude.

9. Joe Kirkpatrick says:

Picture looks good – actual product will look and taste crappy. It always is. No thanks.

10. Mark says:

It’s good but it’s expensive (combo was around $9) and it’s just plain too big. They need to copy wendy’s again with son of baconator and make a whopper junior version of this.

• M-Logan says:

Wow with everything in restaurants shrinking, “too big” is a complaint I did not see coming. Makes me want one, though ­čÖé

11. Sascha says:

So, having had the Baconzilla within the last month, I decided to also have the Baconator and Bacon King. Don’t worry, not at the same time, about 3 days apart. Turns out, I like the King the best of the three, and it wasn’t that close. I really thought at like the Baconzilla the best, but it didn’t turn out that way. I felt BK had the best bacon, and it also went the best with BK meat, even if Wendy’s felt a little beefier.