New Buttermilk Chicken Sandwiches from Arby’s

Arby’s has updated its chicken breast to a crispy buttermilk chicken breast filet which is featured in new Buttermilk Chicken Sandwiches.  There are four to choose from, here’s the rundown:

• Buttermilk Crispy Chicken Sandwich: Meatcraft™ means letting the ingredients speak for themselves. Crispy buttermilk, chicken breast is topped with lettuce, mayo, and tomato and served on a star top bun. Nothing fancy. Just real good taste.  550 calories, 26 grams of fat, 4.5 grams of saturated fat, 1480 milligrams of sodium, 52 grams of carbs, 6 grams of sugar, 29 grams of protein
  • Buttermilk Buffalo Chicken Sandwich: Star top bun on top, star top bun heel on the bottom. What’s in between you ask? Oh, just a crispy, tender filet of buttermilk chicken drenched in spicy buffalo sauce. Oh, and a creamy parmesan peppercorn ranch dressing. And shredded iceberg lettuce. I mean, if you’re into that kind of thing. 540 calories, 24 grams of fat, 4.5 grams of saturated fat, 211o milligrams of sodium, 53 grams of carbs, 6 grams of sugar, 29 grams of protein
  • Buttermilk Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich: Our Chicken Cordon Bleu sandwich is a buttermilk chicken breast fillet topped with thinly sliced pit-smoked ham, Swiss and mayo. We serve it on a star top bun. Pronounce however you want. We don’t care, as long as you love it.  690 calories, 35 grams of fat, 10 grams of saturated fat, 2000 milligrams of sodium, 53 grams of carbs, 7 grams of sugar, 41 grams of protein
  • Buttermilk Chicken Bacon & Swiss: Chicken breast fried to perfection and topped with thick cut pepper bacon, Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato and honey mustard. Served on a toasted star top bun. Your stomach will thank you for your generosity.  650 calories, 31 grams of fat, 9 grams of saturated fat, 1750 milligrams of sodium, 56 grams of carbs, 9 grams of sugar, 39 grams of protein

Arby's Buttermilk Chicken Sandwiches

21 comments on “New Buttermilk Chicken Sandwiches from Arby’s

1. M-Logan says:

How timely – I just picked up the Buffalo version on my way home tonight. Buttermilk Buffalo I guess that is-

I had them add a slice of fake Swiss, and that really made the sandwich. It was excellent all around, messy of course, but very tasty. Their peppercorn ranch is the finest fast food ranch.

• Matt Brown says:

Always loved the Chicken Cordon Bleu sandwich, I’m glad it’s back to being a permanent menu item. I’m surprised at how “premium” they have made the sandwich. It was one of those things that had charm the way it was. They’ve now changed the chicken breast, the ham, and the cheese to better quality products although I actually think it tasted better before. I would rarely say that when it comes to food quality.

2. Vincento says:

Jeezus – 2000mg of sodium & 50+g of carbs. VERY SAD!

So much for chicken being the healthiest of the proteins….

Also I can picture all 4 of these sandwiches looking like a dumpster-spill IRL vs their stock imagery….

• Johnnyboy says:

Vincento……

That’s because that bun is huge and it probably has like 600mg of sodium. People forget bread has a lot of carbs and High sodium. Plus any condiments, cause Arby’s uses like 3 sauces at a time and so much cheese. But I will try this anyway, I usually stick to their roast beef sandwiches, but these look enticing.

• Chunkbunny says:

Come on. Do you really think a fried chicken patty drenched in ranch and buffalo sauce at a fast food joint is going to be healthy? Be realistic.

3. Nathan R says:

So far in my opinion Wendy’s has the best Chicken Sandwich but I’ve been a fan of Arby’s forever. These sandwiches look promising. I mean let’s face it Arby’s has rarely ever done wrong

• Johnnyboy says:

Agreed, like their Spicy Chicken the best. I think Chick-fil-a is just okay. But I recently had the Burger King Tender Crisp and that was so yummy, never knew. McDonald’s need to step up their game.

4. Brad says:

I am gonna get that buffalo one tomorrow for lunch. I can’t freakin wait!

5. Brian says:

I’ll have to stop in and try these. The Cordon Bleu and Chicken, Bacon & Swiss both look and sound good. Hopefully some coupons will roll around in my mail soon.

6. Bryce says:

Pretty glad they made a full-sized version of the buffalo chicken slider. Loved that thing. Definitely grabbing one of them for lunch today.

7. JJJ says:

I think a buffalo chicken sandwich is what’s been missing from my life.

8. Christopher says:

Arby’s has been cranking out some great sandwiches!
    Unfortunately, they have really been pushing it on price, so I don’t go here without coupons.

9. B says:

I inadvertently had the Chicken Cordon Bleu version recently. I didn’t like it. I was expecting the tried and true (and somewhat artificial tasting, but that’s what made it so good) sandwich. The chicken on the new one was… different somehow, not in a good way. The breading wasn’t crunchy or satisfying. The “thinly sliced pit smoked ham” had too much presence. I found myself taking a bite and pulling half the ham out each time. Very disappointing. I’ll give the regular and buffalo sandwiches a try, but in the future I intend to skip the cordon bleu and bacon/swiss.

10. Robert says:

Mmmmm. More chains need a buffalo chicken sandiwch that (at least) looks this good. Surprised it only has 540 calories/24g of fat with ranch. Arby’s isn’t known for lo-cal sauces. It’s why their mayo (and BK’s) is so much tastier than McD’s and Wendy’s. Just look at the nutrition info. Yikes!

11. doctorx0079 says:

I KNEW there was gonna be full-size Buffalo chicken at Arby’s! The sliders were the stealth trial.

12. ChunkBunny says:

If the buffalo sandwich is as good as the slider, count me in! Best fast food buffalo chicken out there in my opinion!

13. BBB says:

If they only put chunky bleu cheese on the buffalo chicken sand instead of ranch. I wonder if they have bleu cheese dressing at arbys?

14. Brian says:

I went to one of my local Arby’s today to try one after seeing the post on here. Hadn’t been to Arby’s in a while, and I went with a coupon for a roast beef combo in case they didn’t have the chicken sandwiches yet. No stickers on the windows, but they had signage inside the store.

I got the Chicken, Bacon & Swiss sandwich with extra honey mustard and it was delicious. If I can make it back to Arby’s before the promotion is over, I’ll have another one. Was about $7.40 after getting a small fry and drink in a combo and paying tax. Well worth that price.

15. Mark says:

The buffalo one was good, not great. I was really excited to try it because I love getting buffalo chicken sandwiches at casual places like chilis and applebees (though applebees doesn’t carry it any longer). I haven’t had a regular arby’s chicken sandwich in forever so I can’t tell you how much the chicken has changed. It was cripsy, not greasy, a solid piece of chicken, although I got one bite of gristle in the middle that was a turn off. It was actually bigger than the bun too so that was nice to get chicken in every bite. The buffalo sauce is pretty mild, just your standard frank’s red hot flavor buffalo, which is good. The bun seemed pretty average but it was denser than most fast food buns which is good since this sandwich is pretty sloppy with all the sauce. The ranch was underwhelming. Most fast food ranch disappoints. It’s really where the sandwich falls flat. I know they’ll never get a blue cheese on a fast food menu but that would make this sandwich great.

Overall a pretty good sandwich and not a bad price, I got a small combo for $6.50 which is similar to a spicy chicken from wendys. Next time I think I will opt for mayo or get ranch on the side though, and possible ask for some swiss on it too. I think sans ranch but adding cheese might make it better.

16. mike says: