New Auntie Anne’s Pretzel Breakfast Sandwich from Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s

Starting today, Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s restaurants have teamed up with Auntie Anne’s to bring us the new Pretzel Breakfast Sandwich.  The Pretzel Breakfast Sandwich features a sausage patty, egg, American cheese and Swiss cheese between a Auntie Anne’s soft pretzel roll.Pretzel-Breakfast-SandwichPriced at $2.99 for the sandwich alone or $4.69 in a combo meal with Hash Browns and a drink.  Prices may vary by location.

11 comments on “New Auntie Anne’s Pretzel Breakfast Sandwich from Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s

1. Kyle Spangler says:

If it actually tastes like an Auntie Anne’s pretzel than this is actually a really good idea for menu item and probably very tasty too. They should do a Auntie Anne’s pretzel burger as well.

2. JJJ says:

Interesting…

3. M-Logan says:

Well the minute I saw the e-mail about this, it sent me on the 5 minute drive to the nearest Hardees 🙂

They were just putting up the giant window decal about it as I pulled up, and it was indeed $2.99. Choice of Ham, Bacon or Sausage. I went with Sausage because I think Hardees has the best tasting fast food sausage – or at least a lot better than McD’s, which is a bit too gray and fatty.

On to this creation: The temperature and texture made me think it had been microwaved – way too hot to eat at first, and somewhat “chewey”. The cheese was also much more melted than is normal at Hardees, another clue.

Major props to them for including both Swiss and American, that is how I order things anyway so this saves me a step. As I said the overall texture was a bit too chewey, but the flavor was excellent. I really like it. The bun did remind me of Auntie Anne’s, and was not too salty, which I initially thought could be the case. The pretzel and sausage flavors really went together well, I thought. Will buy again!

• michael says:

But CJ/H has the best biscuits. Is it worth giving up the biscuits for.

• M-Logan says:

Valid point. I will say the biscuit has it on texture no question. But i need to reserve final judgment til theyve had a few days to perfect the pretzel. This being day one and all.

4. Jonathan Wayne says:

Just got a coupon for it today, it looks great and I want to try it, sadly I am about 1,000 miles away from the nearest restaurant right now, sucks.

5. Grpimpin says:

I had it this morning, with sausage. You can also get it with ham or bacon.

The bun indeed tastes like a pretzel, with a slightly salty overtone. The sandwich was so salty I tasted the bun by itself to see if that was the source. But it’s the cheese and when combined with sausage and pretzel, this a serious salt bomb.

6. Kevin says:

I have to say this is the BEST breakfast sandwich I’ve tasted. I bought the sausage one and then the ham one to reheat later. And the sandwich tasted just as good, if not even better reheated. I only wish Carl’s Jr. served all day breakfast because getting it before 11AM is near impossible due to work. 🙁

7. Johnnyboy says:

For my Marland peeps, They have Hardee’s in Linthicum and Glen Burnie. There is also one right off the Bay Bridge Eastern Shore. About 2 miles off the bridge.

8. M-Logan says:

Had another today – real, real good!