New Wild Pepper Tenderloins from Popeyes

New at Popeyes and available for a limited time… Wild Pepper Tenderloins.  We brought you a first look late last month, but details weren’t available until now.  Wild Pepper Tenderloins feature four all white meat chicken tenderloins, marinated in a blend of Szechuan, Aji Amarillo, and Habanero peppers then hand battered, breaded and fried. Served with a Signature Side, a Buttermilk Biscuit, and new Red Hot Honey dipping sauce.  Priced at $4.99 and available through October 25th.

hero-large

9 comments on “New Wild Pepper Tenderloins from Popeyes

1. Robert says:

The $5 deal last month (basically the same thing with an extra side) was my fav fast food promotion of the year. Just a great deal. But this looks good too. I hate the promos where you have to get fries as your side. Their other sides are too good to miss.

2. scram says:

You don’t have to get fries with this. I got mine yesterday w/red and rice. I was underwhelmed by the flavor of the tenders, but at least they were big. The sauce was very good.

3. Bubbsy says:

Agreed on the other sides being good. In fact I like to get a side of their gravy (for those of you who don’t know – it’s a zesty cajun gravy with tiny bits of sausage and onions) so that I can dip my fries and my chicken in it.

Gravy is a salty condiment, but it doesn’t really have any fat or calories so it’s a great guilty-pleasure dipping alternative to ranch or cheese sauce….

4. Z says:

I really liked these. Had a decent amount of heat and a pretty good taste. The strips were big too compared to the strips they were using for the past few LTOs so thats a plus. Probably the best tender offer in a long time.

5. Bob R. says:

I had these yesterday. They were busy. Ordered at the drive through. I was asked to pull to the front and they would bring them out. I waited, and waited. A little over 15 minutes later they brought it out. The young lady said she knew how long I waited so she gave me a little more of everything. Got home and opened it up. I had 8 big strips, a pint of red beans and rice, and 3 biscuits. Half the tenders were a bit spicy, half were not. I think they ran out, and that was the delay. The sauce covered any problems, and I would gladly wait 15 minutes for that order anytime.

• Robert says:

Ha, don’t you love that? My Arby’s would always do that, too. Extra strips or occasionally…extra jalapeno bites. The only thing better than cheap fast food is *free* fast food.

6. Beefonstick says:

I may be off on this but when I tried these the flavor profile reminded me of red thai curry. Not bad, but a little odd.

7. J says:

I give these an A-. They are really good! I think it’s the Szechuan pepper that lends an Eastern flavor, similar to these small Asian peppercorns I’ve heard previously referred to as “numbing seeds.” Anyway, the strips were quite tender, the flavor was deep, and left a nice burn.