New A.1. Hearty Mozzarella Cheeseburger from Burger King

There’s a new burger on the Burger King menu and it’s called the A.1. Hearty Mozzarella Cheeseburger.  This burger features two ¼ lb. flame-grilled beef patties, topped with bacon, Mozzarella cheese, lettuce, onions, and A.1. Thick & Hearty sauce, on a toasted, brioche-style bun.  My local BK in Maryland is offering the A.1. Hearty Mozzarella Cheeseburger for $6.39 for the burger alone or $8.69 for the fries/drink combo.

A1 Hearty Mozzarella CheeseburgerNutrition info: 800 calories, 48 grams of fat, 21 grams of saturated fat, 1420 milligrams of sodium, 190 milligrams of cholesterol, 42 grams of carbs, 10 grams of sugar, 52 grams of protein.

18 comments on “New A.1. Hearty Mozzarella Cheeseburger from Burger King

1. ahecht says:

First, mozzarella on a burger is just weird. Second, A1 sauce is disgusting. Third, $6.39 for a 1/2lb burger? That’s insane, for that price I could go to Five Guys or Fuddruckers.

• Mr Gnarly says:

Totally agree on the mozzarella. Weird.

• raiders757 says:

Actually Bennigan’s used to serve a fried mozzarella cheeseburger topped with marinara sauce way back in the day, and it was fantastic. This was back before fried cheese was on every menu on the planet and Bennigan’s was practically the only place serving it. Instead of a fried cheese stick it was a round pattie of perfectly fried mozzarella. Worked great with the marinara.

Agreed about the price. Burger King is out of their mind trying to serve their third rate slop for premium prices. Chick-Fil-A, which is ten times better, is less expensive and they used to be the priciest fast food in the game at one time.

2. Darrell Martinsen says:

Over $6 for just the burger? Wow. And I thought Wendy’s was expensive! This just may be enough to get me to start cooking!

3. phil g says:

It’s alright

4. Sascha says:

Welcome to Burger King week, here at Grubgrade. Nevertheless, I’ll have this one at some point. The original A1 is one of the best BK products (especially burgers) of recent history, but because of my disdain of all things yellow American, I ate it sans cheese. Don’t see that problem with this one. Throw a few extra onions and a little mayo on this, and I’m all set. I think it seems for $5.79 here.

• Ryan says:

Haha, exactly. I was thinking the same thing as I was writing my review of the pulled pork. I can promise a BK break tomorrow.

5. JJJ says:

Why is this only offered as a double? I might be tempted to try a single, but a double combo would be way too much.

6. Snackeroo says:

$6.39 for a BK burger? I could get a whole meal at In N Out for that much.

7. Jonathan Wayne says:

$6.39 for a burger from Burger King? Excuse me while I roll around on the roll in uncontrollable laughter. Tears.

• SPM79 says:

If Wendy’s was charging the same there would be no less than a dozen responses of why it is completely justified.

• MP says:

I wouldn’t pay $6.39 for a Wendy’s burger, but the quality is still head & shoulders above Burger King. It’s not even close.

8. Rusty Shackleford says:

Lose the crap tier burger king bacon and it sounds alright. Mozerella and A1 sounds oddly appealing. Their A1 burger is already pretty decent without said bacon.

9. Justin ST says:

Good luck with that price.

10. Jay says:

A few years ago, fast food burgers used to be more affordable than other “made to order” burger joints but now the prices are on par with them. I now go to five guys or smashburger for quality burgers that are the same price as mcdonalds, BK, and wendys.

• MP says:

It’s just a matter of time before Five Guys & Smashburger will have to raise their prices because of the rising cost of beef.

11. cynthia ramsey says:

My favorite fast food “expensive” burger hands down is Hardee’s Mushroom and Swiss. Thankfully I’ve learned to make them at home…..Yum…