Sirloin Burgers Coming to McDonald’s on May 11th

A trio of 1/3 pound burgers are coming to McDonald’s… nope, not the return of the Angus Burgers. Monday, May 11th is the national release date of new Sirloin Burgers at McDonald’s.  There will be a Bacon & Cheese, a Lettuce & Tomato, and Steakhouse version.  Suggested price: $4.99.

McDonald's Sirloin BurgersAccording to BurgerBusiness.com, the Bacon & Cheese Sirloin Burger will come with white Cheddar, pickles, mustard, ketchup and beef seasoning  The Lettuce & Tomato Sirloin Burger will have leaf lettuce, tomato, red onion, white Cheddar, pickles mayo, mustard and beef seasoning.  The Steakhouse Sirloin Burger will have sautéed mushrooms, white Cheddar, grilled onions, peppercorn sauce and beef seasoning.

21 comments on “Sirloin Burgers Coming to McDonald’s on May 11th

1. MP says:

So much for that whole trimming down the menu thing. $5 burgers?? Who do you think you are, McDonald’s – Wendy’s??
    If McDonald’s wasn’t the Center of Hell, I’d might try these.

2. Sascha says:

If McDonald’s had raised the prices on the Angus burgers once in a while, they’d still be around. These look like reason to get back to Mickey D’s once in a while, especially the steakhouse.

3. JJ says:

I predict these will start out successful then slowly be forgotten until they discontinue them a year from now, like every other “premium offering” Mcdonalds ever does. The last couple Angus burgers I had were really dry and rubbery like they’d been sitting around forever. And what happened to simplifying the menu?

• scram says:

The link says they’ll only be available until the end of June.

• JJ says:

Last night, I heard that after that, they’ll give the franchises the option to discontinue or keep them. Anyway, looking forward to trying that mushroom version.

4. Daniel Fletcher says:

At least one of my local McDonalds has these starting 4/27 according to a sign they have in the back over the fries. lol Listed as “soft-sell” start date. Which I’m assuming just means no advertising ‘cept listed on the menu.

5. Tony says:

This burger seems like an alternative to the high fat content fad burgers saturating the market. I don’t think Americans are going to be lining up to buy thick and dry hockey pucks though

6. Snackeroo says:

I’ll take the Steakhouse Sirloin Burger.

7. Jonathan Wayne says:

So they basically repacked the Angus burgers and called them Sirloin burgers now? I wish they would bring back the mushroom and swiss wrap versions, those were actually good.

• Oscar says:

Not exactly. They already have these out in NYC and I tried the steakhouse version. I think I really liked everything except for the patty itself. Didn’t taste like the Angus. In fact seemed much closer to the patty in the quarter pounder minus the fatty taste.

8. Kevin K. says:

So the Angus burgers weren’t popular enough to stick around because they were about $4-5, but this “new” burger that’s the same size and has mostly the same toppings seems like a good idea to them because it’s $5 but it’ll only be for a limited time so they won’t make money on them for long. Where can I get a well-paying job to make decisions like these?

9. Chuck says:

This is too funny. They couldn’t keep the angus burgers around so they’re banking on consumer short term memory loss. Their stock is down and nothing screams desperation like a move like this.

In closing, BRING JACK IN THE BOX TO THE EAST COAST.

• SuperFly says:

Jack in the Box? Easily the worst burgers of any fast food joint. They season their meat with something that tastes like garbage.

10. Matt says:

“beef seasoning” ???

• Sascha says:

Surprised nobody else has picked up on that yet. But, I say, bring it on, it should result in better taste.

11. […] episode 53 of The Nosh Show, we discuss new Sirloin Burgers from McDonald’s, Chicken Pot Pie Hot Pockets, and I get envious that Marvo and Dubba got […]