Burger King’s 2 for $5 deal has a newcomer… the new Extra Long Cheeseburger.  The Extra Long Cheeseburger features two beef patties, raw onions, lettuce, ketchups, American cheese and mayo on a toasted hoagie bun.  You might remember the “Extra Long” brand starting with the BBQ version last year.

BK Xtra long cheeseburgerNutrition info for the Extra Long Cheeseburger: 590 calories, 33 grams of fat, 12 grams of saturated fat, 1040 milligrams of sodium, 50 grams of carbs, 11 grams of sugar, 22 grams of protein

16 comments on “New Extra Long Cheeseburger from Burger King Joins the 2 for $5 Mix & Match Promotion

1. Alek says:

It taking laziness to whole nother level. Come on create something better. Need to revamp the menu

• MP says:

It may be lazy, but it’s something they should have done a long time ago. In theory, it’s like getting 4 cheeseburgers for $1.25 a piece which isn’t bad by BK standards.

• MP says:

Just had one. Holy crap is it awful. All I could taste was bread, cheese & lettuce. Couldn’t even taste the meat, ketchup, mayo or onions. One for $2.50 off the 2 for $5 menu is a ripoff; astounding ripoff at $3.79. How does this place stay in business??

• Richard says:

Yes 100000000000000% lazy….

2. Robert says:

Such a stupid sandwich. But didn’t it used to be one big patty? Or no?

3. Ray says:

Way too much bread.

4. Jonathan Wayne says:

This is just bad, it’s like they just don’t even care anymore.

• SPM79 says:

With all due respect, what exactly do you want them to unveil for you, the new BK steak tartare? What exactly is so bad about this?

5. Rusty Shackleford says:

I ordered the no 6 at my local BK thinking it was the extra long bbq burger; was a bit confused when I got this ut until I looked it up. Still ate it and it was alright, but it was basically like a whopper JR with different dimensions.

6. Vampiro says:

I don’t understand the hate against Burger King. I think it is superior to McDonalds. The Extra Long BBQ Cheeseburger is awesome because it is essentially a Rodeo Burger, but longer.

• SPM79 says:

BK hate is almost comical, this place can’t catch a break from some of these people yet Wendy’s can unveil some of the most idiotic of creations and they will be all over it.

• Robert says:

Uh, that’s because Wendy’s hasn’t shrunken their beef patties multiple times. And their gimmicky items are at least different, not McDonald’s ripoffs or, like this, the same thing but in a *different effing shape*.

7. Robert says:

Poor BK. Sad to see a place I loved at one point become so terrible. Being retired Army BK was a regular on most bases. In the last decade or two they have just seem to have gotten worse and worse. I guess they seem to have found the same niche Subway has. The food may not be very good but, its is cheap. This new sandwich is just another of example of why I prefer almost any place else.

• JJ says:

Where is this cheap Subway you speak of? I feel that Subway has been ridiculously expensive years now and I just don’t go there anymore. I refuse to pay what they’re asking for their “sandwiches.” Subway, Bk and McDonald’s are just a no-go now. Will not spend another dime at any of them. There’s always a better option.

And yes… this burger is just sad an honestly, embarrassing.

8. Nicky says:

Why can’t they just go back to the 90’s when Burger King was good? The real Big King, a hot Whopper, the chicken tenders that were so good you didn’t need to dip them in sauce.

9. Joan says:

Looks odd. But honestly.. If I was in a bomb shelter I really, TRUELY would be ecstatic to see that bugger. I’d even fight for it.