McDonald’s Testing Shakin’ Flavor Chicken McNuggets

McDonald’s started testing Shakin’ Flavor Fries earlier this year and now they’re moving on to Shakin’ Flavor Chicken McNuggets.  In and around the Sacramento, California market is where you might come across these.  Here’s a pic from @SacontheCheap.

Shakin' Flavor McDonald'sThe idea is simple… toss your Chicken McNuggets in the bag, sprinkle in your Shakin’ Flavor seasoning (Spicy Buffalo, Garlic Parmesan, Zesty Ranch), shake… now you’ve got Shakin’ Flavor Chicken McNuggets. Need a visual?  Follow closely:

Shakin' Flavor Chicken McNuggets

Shakin' Flavor McNuggets 2

Shakin' Flavor McNuggets 3

Shakin' Flavor McNuggets 4

23 comments on “McDonald’s Testing Shakin’ Flavor Chicken McNuggets

1. Justin ST says:

McDonald’s cares more about quantity over quality. They need less menu items, not more.

2. Revocks says:

Wow, they’re really trying to land those spice mixtures somewhere on the menu. I don’t know why I would want them on McNuggets if I’m going to be dipping the nuggets in a sauce.

3. BigBelly says:

mine came with a fry bag LOL
    on the plus side, it looked bigger then this, and did a nice job of coating the nuggets

4. Robert says:

I have to honestly stand there shaking my nuggets in some pouch. Look if I wanted to work for my food I’d become a farmer.

5. These flavor shake things are apparently huge in Japan. I’ve heard about them and would like to try them here. There probably won’t be a shrimp flavor, though.

6. Mike N. says:

Well that’s just weird. I can see how it’d work with fries, but mcnuggest seem all about the dipping sauce, so why would you need messy powder?

7. […] seems they’re taking the seasoning game up a menu item and testing their Chicken McNuggets. GrubGrade reports via @saconthecheap that a McDonald’s in Sacramento is testing Shakin’ Flavor […]

8. Mike S. says:

With my luck I would hate the seasoning, thus ruining all of my food at one time.

9. rob says:

They probably got a killer deal on a train load of MSG and then wondered “WTF are we going to do with this stuff?”

10. Ray says:

MSG that’s all it is. Think KFC.

11. CB says:

White castle does the same thing with their chicken rings and they are pretty good. Although they do the mixing for you. McDonald’s=lazy!

12. Jonathan Wayne says:

God this company is just in a tailspin, they really can’t figure things out, can they? Since McNuggets are usually dry pucks of batter, how exactly is this going to work? How is the seasoning supposed to stick to dry pucks of batter?

13. diana says:

I bet they are trying to phasing out the sauce since those little things are expensive.

14. HM says:

Does anyone else remember when burger king did this about 10 years ago?

15. MR. Gnarly says:

Some folks prefer a dry rub over sauces. At least on real chicken.

16. ... says:

This is huge in Hong Kong also..tried it 2 months ago when i was there, it was amazing good!

17. Mat Cruz says:

These flavors are nasty and no one should eat them. #almostdied