McDonald’s Testing Mozzarella Sticks in Select Locations

Thanks to GrubGrade reader Justin for sending over a glimpse of what he’s got at his local McDonald’s… Mozzarella Sticks.

Earlier this evening I stopped by my local McDonald’s and found that they had mozzarella sticks! The location was in northern New Jersey, just outside of New York City. This was the first time I ever heard/seen them anywhere. They were available at 3 mozzarella sticks for $1.00 and marinara sauce was included.

McDonald's Mozzarella SticksAnd thanks @DanMader … w/ photo below credit to @melarenass

McDonald's Mozzarella Sticks 2

23 comments on “McDonald’s Testing Mozzarella Sticks in Select Locations

1. Paul says:

And he didn’t send you pictures of the actual mozzarella sticks?!

2. SImon says:

Not new. McDonald’s served these in the New York (and surrounding) region as part of their value meal back in the mid-2000s for a few years.

3. Nick says:

Cool story, but boxing isn’t really the top draw here.

4. Ray says:

Another dollar menu item. I can dig it. Just Fyi, i rarely eat fast food, but i love this website.

5. rob says:

Finally I can get a healthy meal at McDonalds.

6. Tom says:

NY had these a few years ago in the Mid-2000’s on the Dollar Menu. I think you used to get 4 for $1 though. They were okay.

7. Mike S. says:

I remember they used to have these as well as a $1 “chicken fajita” which was grilled chicken, cheese, sour cream, and peppers in a tortilla.

8. Daniel Fletcher says:

If this was Burger King, they’d put those mozz sticks on the McChicken.

9. John says:

This is good and bad news for me. I LOVE Mozzarella sticks and I frequently have to go to McDonald’s for cellular testing. This could be dangerous. Also, Arby’s has some of the better fast food Mozzarella sticks that I’ve tried.

10. hortanz says:

they used to have these a long time ago and I liked them, cool to see they’re back I guess

11. alek says:

Had these a back while. When I was a kid not bad. I was gutted when it disappeared from the menu. Cheap back then like $1 for 4 pieces

12. Thistle says:

If they ever start selling them in Northern CA, I might have to live at McDonalds.

13. […] GrubGrade reports McDonald’s is testing three-piece Mozzarella Sticks snacks in a few […]

14. […] new sticks were recently spotted by Grubgrade reader, complete with marinara sauce and a handy sticker letting you know how many pieces were […]

15. Mike S. says:

Damn, Ryan, this story is on the front of Fox News’ web site right now.

16. […] new item was recently seen by a Grubgrade reader who visited a McDonald’s location in the New York City/New Jersey metro area. According to […]

17. Kain says:

We have had Mozzarella dippers (sitcks) in the UK for a while now at McDonalds. Usually a promo item though.

Very nice they are too!

18. […] episode 37 of The Nosh Show we talk about McDonald’s Mozzarella Sticks, Girl Scouts Thin Mints Milk, Chicken & Waffles at Chick-fil-A and a whole bunch of Burger […]