New Tear’n Tenderloin Chicken from Popeyes

Popeyes has done Rip’n and Dip’n and now they’re introducing “Tear’n”. The latest LTO at Popeyes is new Tear’n Tenderloin Chicken.  Priced at $3.99, Tear’n Tenderloin Chicken features two all white meat chicken tenderloins marinated in Louisiana seasonings, half split for tear-apart dipping, and cooked in crispy Southern coating. Served with Cajun Fries, a buttermilk biscuit, and new Cajun Creamy Garlic dipping sauce.

Tear'n Tenderloin Chicken PopeyesAlso new to the Popeyes menu and available for a limited time is a new dessert… the Chocolate Fudge Pie.  The pie features a mixture of milk chocolate and dark chocolate filled in a flakey pie crust and cooked fresh “until crispy and golden brown”.
Chocolate Fudge Pie Popeyes

16 comments on “New Tear’n Tenderloin Chicken from Popeyes

1. Justin ST says:

Has Popeye’s run out of ideas or something?

2. scram says:

Rip’n Chicken, Wicked Chicken, Dip’n Chicken, Tear’n Tenderloin…where will it end?

Can’t wait till they introduce Deep Fry It Yourself Chicken.

3. scram says:

Also being introduced by Popeye’s later this year–

Sick’n Chicken: Chicken that is old and rotted, also known as KFC China chicken

Vick’n Chicken: Chicken actually made of dogs recovered from Michael Vick’s backyard.

Lick’n Chicken: Their regular strips, but licked by the employees before being given to the customer.

Hick’n Chicken: A chicken strip meal with Skoal dip and a can of Busch beer.

Dick’n Chicken: Your meal served by an employee named Richard. What were you thinking it was going to be?

4. Rick says:

Had the chicken yesterday, there were no promo materials inside other than the slideshow on the menu or else I would have taken a picture. The sauce was almost identical to the garlic pepper sauce for the wicked chicken, I could taste no cajun in it however. The chicken was good, definitely a different marinade, more garlicky. My popeyes never has LTO items ready so I had to wait, not sure if that had anything to do with no crispy exterior on the meat but the breading on mine was rather flat. 5.59 plus tax for a popeyes combo is a great deal so I’ll be back for another go at it.

5. BigBelly says:

sounds like a good deal, last years cajun chili garlic sauce was tasty, I’m sure this is too

6. @homercles82 says:

I saw this tonight and did not try it. There’s nothing special about it to be honest.

7. RickFelt says:

You either love Popeyes or hate it. It appears the first few posters are in the latter category. I personally love Popeyes. It crushes KFC in every single aspect, chicken, sides, price ext. To each his own and your palate is lacking.

8. scram says:

I like Popeyes Zatarain’s shrimp, and really loved last month’s Cracked Pepper shrimp. Their Wicked Chicken is great as well. But I would choose KFC over any other chicken chain any day of the week.

9. scram says:

I guess that’s why everything they introduce every month has to have a sauce to dip it in, because thats where the actual flavor is

10. Devyn says:

I thought I was the only one who only like it lacks flavor. They are the only ones I HAVE to slather in honey AND hot sauce. Hot sauce should be optional, not necessary, and I love chicken..ijs..