New Mushroom & Swiss Big King and A.1. Ultimate Bacon Cheese from Burger King

The Big King (review) brand from Burger King has gone through an upgrade to get bigger and then a chicken version was introduced earlier this year .  The latest to join the Big King family goes with a familiar style of burger with the new Mushroom & Swiss Big King.  The Mushroom & Swiss Big King features features two fire-grilled beef patties, topped with Swiss cheese, mayonnaise, and sautéed mushrooms on a toasted sesame seed bun.  This new Big King style will set you back 560 calories, 37 grams of fat, 11 grams of saturated fat, 760 milligrams of sodium, and 20 grams of protein.

Mushroom Swiss Big KingAlso currently promoted at Burger King is the A.1. Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger which features two 1⁄4 lb. fire-grilled beef patties, topped with smoked bacon, melted American cheese, and A.1® Thick & Hearty sauce on a toasted Artisan bun.  The burger clocks in at 850 calories, 51 grams of fat, 22 grams of saturated fat, 1480 milligrams of sodium, and 41 grams of protein.

A1 Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger

17 comments on “New Mushroom & Swiss Big King and A.1. Ultimate Bacon Cheese from Burger King

1. sortov says:

Oh my god, there’s gonna be no more bacon cheeseburgers after this?

2. Mike S. says:

Am I the only one that thinks A-1 is terrible?

3. Noodlez says:

Ugh had the A1 Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger tonight, so not worth the $5.89
    It was weak on A1 Flavor, meat was a good bit over the edge of the bun that was nice but it had the chemical smoke flavor.

4. Gbob says:

I’d be kinda interested in that SwissnShroom burger if it had their Mac Sauce rip off on it. Cant imagine their shrooms being any good though.

Then again, Im obsessed with Wendy’s Portabello Bacon Melt.

• Roger says:

Yeah, was wondering if the mayo made any sense on the mushrooms. May have to try one with and another without mayo. It was funny since just today went by Burger King and they had the wording on the sign board. Thought it might be referring to two products then drove the lot and saw the posters. Already had KFC so maybe later.

• Diane says:

I tried the mushroom Swiss big king which I got in the two for $5 deal. Um you’re right…way too much mayo. I want to get it without the mayo next time and see how I like it. I particularly didn’t care for the third bun in the middle. I really miss the bk mushroom topper. That is definitely a favorite. Bring it back bk!

5. Sascha says:

Might be a couple of winners from BK here, though I might be tempted to remove the middle bun on the M&S Big King.

6. alan rodriguez says:

looks decent.. increase the sie lower the sodium by 200 mlgs.. u got urself a deal.. oh well its 90 degrees hre so il be fine.. grttung ut soon

7. shthar says:

This addresses a longstanding lack of A.1. sauce in the fast food industry.

8. Axel says:

I’d love to see a Big King with Whopper-sized patties called the Big Whopping.

9. keefer says:

I loved the BK Topper Mushroom n Swiss a few years ago so I am looking forward to this one! Probably the only Big King I will like!

10. Jonathan Wayne says:

As a single burger I might be interested, as a double it is too much.

• Scrape says:

Don’t worry, like a big mac, it is a really tiny and thin patty that you get two of. You get more meat on a Whopper.

11. @homercles82 says:

I had the mushroom burger the other day and, while it was good, the mushroom gravy combo was salty. Have a water ready, and maybe a banana lol!

12. Scrape says:

Always interested in a mushroom burger. Unfortunately, McDs got rig of theirs with the demise of the Angus line, Wendy’s is a seasonal deal (and lately hasn’t been very good), leaving only Hardee’s/Carl’s Jr. with a really tasty one. Although, as a step up, Smashburger has just introduced a REALLY good mushroom burger.

Gonna have to try this one, but BK is kind of hit or miss with their specialty burgers.