New Texas BBQ Thickburger from Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr.

Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr. have a new addition to the menu… the Texas BBQ Thickburger.  The Texas BBQ Thickburger features smoked beef brisket, spicy mesquite BBQ sauce, crispy jalapeño and onion strips, American cheese, and a 100% Black Angus beef burger patty served on a Fresh Baked Bun.  Priced starting at $4.39 and $6.89 for the combo.  The Texas BBQ Thickburger is available starting today at participating Hardee’s locations and on Wednesday at Carl’s Jr.

Texas BBQ Thickburger

• 1/4 lb. – 660 calories, 30g fat, 90mg cholesterol, 65g carbs, 1890mg sodium, 31g protein
  • 1/3 lb. – 920 calories, 43g fat, 105mg cholesterol, 91g carbs, 2390mg sodium, 38g protein
  • 1/2 lb. – 1030 calories, 49g fat, 180mg cholesterol, 95g carbs, 2900mg sodium, 55g protein

17 comments on “New Texas BBQ Thickburger from Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr.

1. Al says:

Holy sodium bombs, Batman!

• richard says:

BUTTT you need pair that 1/2 pound burger up with some Bacon Ranch fries, a Hand Scooped Sea Salt and Caramel malt and you want some chocolate chip cookies for desert.

That will really be a full blow out gut buster.

2. richard says:

That LOOOOOKKKSSS sooooo goood and sooooo artery clogging at the same time….

3. Steve says:

the reason Carls JR has to put a bunch of stuff on their burgers is because they are flavorless hockey pucks. I want to like carls jr, but every time I try it they suck. Whataburger for life I guess.

• Michael says:

What do you get at Whataburger. It is always bland bland. Carl’s Jr always tastes good to me.

• Steve says:

You must never have eaten at whataburger. The actually season their burgers. But hey, keep thinking that hockey puck is tasty. I wonder though why you felt the need to attack my opinion. Probably just a rude person on the internet. Shocking!

• Michael says:

Whoa whoa. I was not insulting your opinion. I was simply asking you what you get at Whataburger. Everytime I have gone (usually the same one, have since given up) the burger is just not tasty. My boss loves Whataburger but he gets three meat and three cheese. Basically anything is good with that. The normal Whataburger I’ve tried multiple times is bland to me. Do I need to try a special?

• Aaron says:

Patty melt, double whataburger, jalapeño and cheese whataburger, Monterey melt, chop house cheddar, these are all awesome. Either your whataburger blows or your palate is out of whack. Whataburger is never bland. You don’t need a triple to get some flavor profiles going.

• J. D. says:

You attack Carl’s Jr as “flavorless hockey pucks,” then get all offended when someone says Whataburger is “bland bland.” Then you attack the person’s opinion, while whining that he’s attacking your opinion. Who’s “probably just a rude person on the Internet?” You, that’s who.

• TJ says:

I think regarding just the beef hamburgers they’re both a little over-rated, but that’s clearly a minority opinion. I really like some of Carl’s Jr other sandwiches and breakfast though.

4. Sascha says:

Wow, that’s a great starting price for so much burger, very impressive. Though it is weird to see someone slap the name Texas on a burger and not put it between two pieces of Texas toast.

5. ahecht says:

When did Carl’s Jr start calling their “Six Dollar Burgers” “Thickburgers”? I just noticed that even the regular Six Dollar Burger is now the “Original Six Dollar Thickburger”.

6. Ryan says:

Oh wow, this looks good. I have a feeling I’ll be getting this tomorrow. Though I wish they would bring back the Spicy BBQ $6 Burger, that was the best one of the bunch.

7. Esther says:

I was totally into this, then I saw the calorie count wow

8. Matt says:

I’d like to believe that price, but considering my local Hardees has upped the Six Dollar Burger meal to a whopping $8.19, I’m not gonna hold my breath.

9. Dylan says:

Just had it. it was BOMB

10. craig says:

Does’nt Hardee’s know that we are already the most Obese Nation in the World, and all those skinny mexicans are jumping the border and being fattened up in case they have to go back