Starbucks New Pastries from La Boulange

Starbucks has teamed up with La Boulange to offer up their products at Starbucks locations.  The pastries are in select Starbucks locations now and rolling out to all locations in the coming months.  Some Starbucks favorites like the Blueberry Scone and Chocolate Chip Cookie will now be made by La Boulange.

La Boulange Starbucks

We believe that great coffee deserves to be paired with great food. That’s why we’ve partnered with La Boulange to bring their delicious pastries to our stores. La Boulange is a San Francisco bakery and café that has been serving artisanal pastries, and great food since 1996. From the beginning, a passion to offer wholesome food has made La Boulange a local favorite. Now we’re bringing their delicious food to you. Like Starbucks and coffee, La Boulange has always stood for so much more than just finely baked goods. We both exist to inspire human connections—and together we are creating a warm, inviting space where you can gather with friends and family to share time, stories, great coffee and now, fantastic food. Sit tight and stay tuned as we expand the new La Boulange™ baked goods across the country, it’s well worth the wait.

Starbucks La Boulange

Starbucks Pastries

9 comments on “Starbucks New Pastries from La Boulange

1. Ahecht says:

They’ve had these for quite a while in my area. The biggest change is that they use a Subway-style high speed oven to heat up the baked goods. The new cookies are very good.

2. Sascha says:

This should make my wife happy. I’m not a coffee drinker, but these might get me (and as a result, her) to go to Starbucks from time to time.

3. Ed H says:

I liked the old Starbucks pastries, all of the new items taste like they were made to be display items. I miss the old oatmeal raisin cookies, the pumpkin bread and the rice crispy treats. Now I find myself going to Starbucks less and less and I never get anything but a drink.

• Bunny says:

Me too! I loved their maple oat nut scone, blueberry scone and coffee cake. I only go once a month now and only buy my drink.

4. JF says:

Never got anything other than a coffee from Starbucks. Looking forward to a review or more comments about their new pastries.

5. Erik says:

It’s not exactly ‘teamed up’, as Starbucks purchased La Boulange mid-2012. I thought the national rollout was complete already, but I’m in La Boulange home turf (SF Bay Area). La Boulange is mediocre on a good day, but the pastries are their best offerings so I had some hope.

The new pastries are a change for the worse. Their old coffee cake varieties were both reasonably priced and actually very filling – the new coffee cake is much smaller and doesn’t taste as good. I was also a fan of the old cookies and pumpkin bread, and their donut was edible in a pinch (better than the local donut shops, although that’s no credit to Starbucks).

The actual food has improved slightly, but it’s still expensive and maybe one notch above gas station food. The Ham & Cheese savory square (and their other savory pastries) are the best items on the new menu.

Used to spend a lot more time and money at Starbucks – bring the laptop, grab an iced coffee (with free refills!) and get a pastry or two as time goes by. Now I just buy a drink and leave – or don’t go in the first place.

6. T S says:

Apparently Starbucks doesn’t do customer surveys in Houston as I haven’t found any supporters for the La Boulange offerings. I miss the Pumpkin offerings and definitely miss the ‘old’ scones. The new ones are not nearly as enjoyable. Come on…they come sealed in single cellophane packages??? They have lost my business which I am sure they didn’t intend. Is it too late to go back??

7. Anne says:

I have to agree with the comments above. I loved the old bakery and had a weakness for the pumpkin loaf (I really miss it). Now I go less and less because I don’t really like the new items and I’ve found other places where I can get similar drinks for the same cost or cheaper.

8. Danielle says:

It’s interesting how Starbucks tries to imply that La Boulange is better quality than the food they previously offered. The taste and quality of many of the new pastries is awful. My husband bought a bagel to accompany his coffee. The barista asked if he would like it toasted, in which he replied “No thanks.” The barista said that she would recommend that he have it toasted because they arrive frozen and don’t taste very good unless they are slightly cooked. My three year old son won’t even entertain the blueberry scone anymore because it doesn’t taste good. Now I just wish there were more “mom&pop” coffee shops than spending money on overpriced gas station food.