The Western X-TRA Bacon Thickburger from Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr.

Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr. asks, “Is the world ready for 2x the bacon?”  Introducing the Western X-TRA Bacon Thickburger.  Four strips of bacon makes everything better.  The burger is described as a “Charbroiled 100% Black Angus Beef Patty, American Cheese, Beer-Battered Onion Rings, BBQ Sauce and Four Strips of Bacon, served on a Fresh Baked Bun.”  Dollar off the Carl’s Jr. comboDollar off the Hardee’s combo.  The 1/3 lb. Western X-TRA Bacon Thickburger at Hardee’s clocks in at 1010 calories and 58 grams of fat.  The Carl’s Jr. version is 1050 calories and 60 grams of fat.

Western X-TRA Bacon ThickburgerGo X-TRA on whatever you feel like having four strips of bacon on… for breakfast there’s the X-TRA Bacon Egg & Cheese Biscuit.

X-TRA Bacon Egg Cheese Hardees

9 comments on “The Western X-TRA Bacon Thickburger from Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr.

1. Ahecht says:

Any reason why the Carl’s Jr version would have more calories and fat?

2. Chris says:

1) So I just now saw the first promo ad for McD’s Bacon Clubhouse (DC-NoVA here). Local stores still don’t appear to be pushing it that hard yet. Offtopic..

2) Ouch on those nutrition values. No fries with that, I guess, heh.

3) My luck with Hardee’s B&Egg sandwiches has never been that good. I find their biscuits to be arguably the best of the morning chains. The bacon isn’t bad either – usually. But the egg is always very tiny (thin). Like you got a little scrap instead of an actual egg. My memory tells me they weren’t always like this but it’s been pretty consistent over the past few years…

3. Chris says:

Tried it the other day, it was good. Also, not sure if it’s national, but my local Hardee’s offers Tender Tuesday where you get a free combo with a 3 piece hand-breaded chicken tenders.

4. thehottoddy23 says:

Hardee’s is awesome. I know years ago it was awful with awful food quality, but it is so different these days and their burgers are fantastic. Breakfast is darn good, too, for those who have never tried it. I’ve been hoping for Hardee’s to expand back into my area (Pittsburgh region) as there is currently only one Hardee’s left, which I will make a special trip to (20 minute drive) just to get their food occasionally.

5. Haytham says:

I want to try it but not sure if its worth 1050 calories, that’s too much for a single patty burger

6. dagrappler says:

The only Carl’s Jr. in Marin County, CA closed in January when an In-N-Out Burger moved in 1/4 mile away from it (on the site of a closed Burger King).