New Grilled Chicken at Chick-fil-A

On my weekly run for Chick-n-Minis this morning I noticed that Chick-fil-A has changed its grilled chicken.  A drive-thru menu board picture at 6:30am didn’t give me great results, but here it is.

New Grilled Chicken ChickfilaThe new grilled chicken is labeled with “New Backyard Grilled taste”.  BrandEating noted last month that the new grilled chicken has been testing in Orange County, California and will be rolling out in all Chick-fil-A locations by the end of March.  The new Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich is described like this, “A boneless breast of chicken, marinated with a special blend of seasonings and grilled for a tender and juicy backyard-grilled taste, served on a toasted multigrain bun with Colby-Jack cheese, smoked applewood bacon, Green Leaf lettuce and tomato. Served with Honey Roasted BBQ Sauce.”

7 comments on “New Grilled Chicken at Chick-fil-A

1. Nick says:

Hmmm… I really liked their old grilled chicken. I hope they didn’t mess it up.

2. Chris says:

I’ve had this in Erie, PA a month or two ago… didn’t realize it wasn’t chain-wide yet. Anyways, I found this a major improvement over the former grilled chicken. It was seasoned well, juicy, and had a much better grilled flavor – nothing artificial tasting at all. Had it as the club sandwich. I just wish Chick-Fil-A would improve their bacon… it’s the weak point in the club sandwich.

3. Sam says:

Related to Chick-Fil-A, they have a fish sandwich out for Lent in certain parts of country. Had it yesterday, was best fast food fish sandwich I’ve had. Two smaller fish filets served on toasted bun with pickles (packaged tartar sauce on side).

4. Sherry clifton says:

I tried the grilled sandwich and was dissappointed. It was dry and I didn’t like the taste. My daughter is on a gluten free diet and always gets the grilled chicken. She took a couple bites and wouldn’t eat the rest. I also have to say the grill marks, look a little strange too. Overall, very dissappointed. We have to find a new place.

5. Kevin says:

I’m really disappointed in the new grilled chicken. I worked at CFA for a number of years, and the Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich has long been a favorite of mine. To see the delicious yummy-ness of my favorite CFA entree replaced by this bland pretender to the throne is heartbreaking. I was given coupons to get the new grilled sandwich for free, but I just could not bring myself to order it, even if it meant I had to pay for something else. The new stuff just isn’t the same, and I fear I may give up on CFA entirely.

6. Bill Gill says:

New sandwich is not anywhere close to being as good as the original! Will not order in the future.