New Flatizza from Subway

The Flatizza from Subway might be the worst name for a food product since Burger King came out with Satisfries.  The Flatizza is a new square flatbread pizza option that is hitting Subway locations nationwide now after being in select markets in 2013.  GrubGrade reader @richrichmond tipped me with some pics.  Priced at 2 for $5.75 at his Cincinnati, Ohio location.

Subway FlatizzaPictured below are the four options of Flatizzas from the Subway website.  There’s Cheese, Pepperoni, Spicy Italian, and Veggie.  This is Subway so you’ll be able to top your Flatizza to your liking.

Flatizza

24 comments on “New Flatizza from Subway

1. Dave says:

Yes… Makes me wonder if “Flatizza” and “flatulence” go hand in hand. I guess we will have to see about that… Also curious to know how good they will taste.

2. Jrdunn says:

I can do this with a slice of elios

3. Ric says:

I went in today after work to get the Crunchy Chicken Enchilada Melt and saw the advertising for these. I was hoping the veggie version had mushrooms, so mushrooms would finally get added to Subways options but they’re not there. 2 for $5 here in Louisville, or 1 for $3.50.

4. Stephen M. says:

That actually doesn’t look too bad. I’ll give it a go.

5. thehottoddy23 says:

I’ll pass. I can make something like this at home for the same price and it will taste a hell of a sight better in all likelihood.

6. Raul says:

I think I will stick to the footlong pizza my local subway offers.

• Mike says:

Footlong pizza?… I have never heard of this.

• Raul says:

I have looked around other Subways in the area to see if it was also being introduced in new areas,but it seems as if only my local Subway is serving this item.

• Mike N. says:

They used to have a “Pizza Sub” on the menu which was just their bread with sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. In the pre-$5 footlong days it was one of the cheap “value” subs.

7. B1gB3lly says:

had the pepperoni one tonight, it was $4.00 for one
    it’s about a 6″ square of flatbread, that they spread about 2tbsp of bland tomato sauce on, about 4 slices of pepperoni(I opted to have mine cut up), and a very little bit of cheese that looked like it had been previously frozen.
    It’s not in the oven long enough to get crisp on the bottom(nor does the pepperoni get that good crisp edge on it, it just gets “sweaty”), so it’s like eating a open face pizza sandwich on some thick dried out bread. I ate it there, so it didn’t suffer and of the customary “in transit” issues. Even at 2/$5 I would never order it again

• Joe Cool says:

What are the “customary in-transit” issues?

• Bubbsy says:

I think pretty much anybody can imagine what sort of “issues” are “customary” when hot prepared food is brought home instead of eaten there. You really having trouble understanding, or just being annoying?

8. Jonathan Wayne says:

If you have a Pie Five in your area, go there and forget this crap. If you are in NYC, you are in pizza heaven and you will never have to endure garbage like this.

9. HoodStudent says:

Hey trap stars, my local subway offers this for 5$. It doesn’t look too substantial. I’m a regular, so I’m going to ask them to top it with meatballs 2x cheese and hot peppers. Hmmmmmm? Crust looks super similar to the flatbread.

10. rob says:

My wife spent the night flatizzaing like farm animal.

11. Jake says:

Make sure to get it toasted for an extra long time. I got one that was floppy, with the cheese not fully melted. I went home and threw it in a frying pan to get a crispier crust and it made a big difference. Overall not bad though.

12. Matt says:

Hmm… These look like they take forever to make. With one oven, I’ve got to wonder how this is going to play out when the lunch rush goes down.

13. Chelsey says:

I tried these yesterday. My university has a Subway on campus and they were 2 for $5. They crisped them for the perfect amount of time and they came out perfect. I got the veggie ones and couldn’t have been happier with the results. This location used to carry personal pan pizzas and they were always so greasy and never cooked through. These are a much better alternative and nice and crispy without the grease!

14. Coral says:

This flatizza was just like a lunchables pizza, except that they put it in the oven for like 2 minutes. Would not recommend! Don’t waste your money on this.

15. Manavee says:

My thoughts:
    1. My flatbread crust was very crispy. I was surprised, because I was expecting a soggy mess, but the crust was actually quite good.
    2. I got the veggie one, and the veggies were also very good…but Subway has always had good veggies, that’s never been their issue.
    3. The mozzarella was fine; it’s the same mozzarella they use for sandwiches. I wish there had been a bit more of it.
    4. Imagine the blandest pizza sauce you have ever tasted. Now double the amount of blandness. The people above are correct: the sauce is awful and drags the whole pizza down.

I actually think if Subway started using a better quality tomato sauce, that this would be an excellent item….both in terms of quality and value. I could honestly see myself going to Subway just for this product if the sauce had at least some seasoning in it. As it stands, I can’t recommend it.

16. jerb says:

Not recommended for vegetarians. The subway i just went to uses thr meatball sauce for the veggie flatizza. Hoping this isnt a corporate mandate..

decided to eat somewhere elae instead

17. Fabian Cruz says:

I’m eating it right now and I can say its way too expensive for what you get. It probably takes 25 cents to make. The sauce is like ragu spaghetti sauce which makes it taste like spaghetti instead of pizza lol. At the end you end up with a empty stomach which would probably make you buy something else to satisfy the hunger.