New at Jack in the Box: Bacon Insider Burger and New Monster Tacos

The latest burger from Jack in the Box is for bacon lovers and it’s called Bacon Insider.  The Bacon Insider burger features a beef patty with bacon pieces mixed in, sandwiched in-between six half slices of hickory smoked bacon, and topped with a bacon mayo sauce. Besides all the bacon there’s also lettuce, tomato and American cheese on Jack in the Box’s new brioche bun.  729 calories, 44 grams of fat, 1399 milligrams of sodium, 37 grams of protein

Bacon Insider Jack in the Box

Also new at Jack in the Box is a couple of newcomers to the Monster Tacos family in the form of Nacho and Bacon Ranch flavors.  The Nacho Monster Tacos feature ”A large, filling, monster size crunchy taco topped with nacho cheese sauce and sliced jalapeños.” The Bacon Ranch Monster Tacos feature “A large, filling, monster size crunchy taco topped with shredded lettuce, sliced bacon and creamy buttermilk ranch.”  The Nacho Monster Tacos clocks in at 333 calories and 22 grams of fat while the Bacon Ranch Monster Taco has 335 calories and 24 grams of fat.

Monster TacosWith the season of Lent around the corner, fast food fish deals will be popping up everywhere and Jack in the Box is currently featuring its Fish Filet Sandwich Combo for $3.69.  This small combo includes a small order of fries and a 20oz drink.

Jack in the Box Fish

13 comments on “New at Jack in the Box: Bacon Insider Burger and New Monster Tacos

1. Cory says:

Sounds like bacon overkill, tbh. The nacho monster tacos look delish, though!

2. Ryan says:

Looks like it’s just up to Carl’s Jr to get on the decent bacon bandwagon. I think I will try the heart attack, I mean Bacon Insider burger this weekend.

3. TJ says:

I love Jack in the Box, but have never particularly liked their burgers. I think I’ll try this one though, and the new monster tacos both sound great, especially the nacho one.

4. Sascha says:

I wonder if 266 miles is too far to drive for a burger and taco.

5. Jeffery L. D. says:

I love Jack in the Box. It has such a large and varied menu that you can almost always find something to satisfy your appetite.

I LOVE the idea of these new tacos, I actually tried the Nacho taco yesterday. Not very good. I think the nacho sauce made it too runny/wet if you know what I mean.

Really want to try the Bacon Ranch taco now. I am assuming it will not suffer from the same problem that the Nacho taco had.

Now I must say, a Monster Taco Combo of these two styles would be REALLY awesome!

The Bacon Ranch Nacho Monster Taco!

6. Jeffery L. D. says:

Sorry, let me clarify if anyone thinks I did not make sense saying the nacho sauce made it too runny/wet and then said I want a “Combo” taco with this and the other new taco.

The “combo” taco I think would be awesome would include a monster taco with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, ranch, jalapenos, cheddar cheese!

7. Steven says:

They used to have this burger before, well without the bacon mayo. But I believe it was called the Bacon Bacon cheseburger and had bacon bits in the patty with bacon strips like a normal bacon cheeseburger. Dammit, I miss my CA fast food up here.

• JF says:

While the Bacon Bacon Cheeseburger did have bacon bits, in addition to several strips of bacon, they were not mixed with the patty but rather placed below (bottom bun) the patty.

8. Cherise says:

The nacho taco wasn’t as good as I hoped. They went a little overboard with the nacho sauce. The jalapenos were a little plain and so was the overall taco. I’ll stick to the regular tacos.

9. CulinaryZerg says:

Meh. It wasn’t very bacony. JIB bacon is limp and weak. The bacon mayo is barely noticeable. The patty only had faint flavor.

It wasn’t very big, very medium size. But I like that better.

10. Mark says:

Agreed, the Jack-In-The-Box bacon (in everything) is the weakest thing on the menu. Fix that, and things get a whole lot better there.

Jack is funny–most of the things I’ve ever liked there go away, but loser menu items never leave.