New Fritos Chicken Enchilada Melt from Subway

Over last summer at select Subway locations, a Crunchy Chicken Enchilada Melt was made available for a limited time. ¬†The test run item looks to possibly be making its national release as the featured Subway sandwich in February as the new Fritos Chicken Enchilada Melt. ¬†Spotted by @ChrisSpahn on Twitter, here’s a peak at the sandwich featuring shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, Monterey cheddar and of course Fritos.

Chicken Enchilada Melt Subway Fritos

12 comments on “New Fritos Chicken Enchilada Melt from Subway

1. 4x4, Animal Style says:

Fantastic, I was hoping this would get a national release! Can’t wait to try it. I’m a college student. I go to Subway because it’s filling for the price, and there is one Jimmy John’s, no Firehouse, or anything like that. (But we do have D’angelo’s, local similar place, but none real close to me). Meatball Marinara is the February $5 Footlong, found out the other day.

Personally, I wish it had been March, then they could’ve made it into a promo, with Meatball Marinara Madness, in a March Madness tie in. And heck, it shortens to MMM, so that could’ve been a perfect tag/side slogan. Missed opportunity!

(PS, Ryan, you get the Wendy’s update/national news I sent you, regarding the Ciabatta Bacon Cheeseburger going national?)

2. Pilar says:

This look mighty tasty!!!

3. Kevin d says:

The evolution of the Chicken: Chicken bone in, bone in wings, boneless wings, nuggets, sauced all of the above, “shredded” texturized meat product. FUN

• Bubbsy says:

Yes, that’s right, they don’t bring in underprivileged Sumatrans from Indonesia to chase down free-range chickens in the fertile prairies of Iowa and kill them with sacred spears made from Bodhi trees, roast their kill on an open spit with a foot pedal powered rotisserie, and then hand-pull the slow-cooked flesh from the carcass, wrap the freshly pulled meat in imported Panamanian banana leaves, and deliver to each store via green-friendly bicycle messenger.
      Do I need to explain to you why fast food establishments use preservatives and processing technology to ensure uniform standards in terms of safety and quality at that price?

• Kevin D says:

Tyvm for that elaborate explanation. I guess in your world there is no such thing as middle ground? I just like my processed meat to like, meat?

• Sascha says:

Where is it written that this isn’t meat? Give me a break. Is this the highest quality chicken you’ll ever consume? Doubtful. Is it real meat? Of course.

Also, looks like the vast majority of people who tried this last summer and then commented here, really liked it. And knowing how much GG readers tend to hate Subway, that should say a lot.

However, if this is going to be an $8 sub, you can bet I’m walking by.

• Bubbsy says:

Did you slap your mama when she served you meatloaf because a cut of beef was ground up and she added some filler like breadcrumbs? You could also truthfully call that “processed texturized formed meat food product” if you wanted to be such a drama queen.

• Carl Radc says:

I wonder what you think of things like veggieburgers and those products that are soy product, wheat gluten, pea protein, etc. Would you call that a veggieburger, or would you make it sound as obscure as possible by calling it *texturized vegetable-based food product* or would you call it a veggieburger?

4. Ross says:

At my Subway here in NY, The featured footlong for February is once again Meatball Marinara :(

5. Sascha says:

Something different, sounds great. Just don’t price it too high, anything over $6 is probably overpaying.

6. Pauline says:

Hrm, that sounds tasty but fast food descriptions often fail reality. Where does one acquire the pictured coupon?

7. Mike says:

To anyone bitching about “processed meat,” let me educate you…

ALL MEAT is processed unless the animal is still alive and using those muscles!