New Chocolate Covered Strawberry Frappe from McDonald’s

New and available for a limited time at McDonald’s is the Chocolate Covered Strawberry Frappe.  I spotted this on the McD’s menu board and snapped a quick pic.  The Chocolate Covered Strawberry Frappe is a mocha-flavored dairy base with a blend of chocolate chips and topped with whipped cream and a strawberry drizzle.   $2.39 for the 12oz, $2.89 for the 16oz, and $3.29 for the 20oz.

McDonald's Chocolate Covered Strawberry Frappe

10 comments on “New Chocolate Covered Strawberry Frappe from McDonald’s

1. Clevegal42 says:

I will totally try this. My go-to-reward drink at Starbucks is a Strawberries and Crème Frappucino with mocha blended in. Hopefully this will be as tasty and will be a heck of a lot cheaper than Starbucks.

2. Michael says:

Sounds more like Strawberry-covered Chocolate.

3. Axel says:

Just a drizzle? That’s not very strawberry-y.

4. magan says:

it actually has strawberries in it & choc chips. very good!

5. Paul Gebauer says:

We don’t like this new frappe at all. The chips stick in your teeth & not hardly any strawberry flavor

6. Manavee says:

One of the lazier efforts I’ve seen from McDonald’s in a while. It’s basically their mocha frappe with some strawberry sauce on top. There is no strawberry flavor under the strawberry sauce, unless you vigorously mix it up on your own.

7. Jonathan Wayne says:

Chocolate and strawberry have no business being together.

8. L says:

Great name but very misleading. Will never order it again.

9. M says:

It’s delish! To me it tasted very very similar to a real chocolate strawberry (not the fresh ones you make at home, of course, but the ones you can spend too much money on from the grocery store).

The strawberry sauce on top is needless as the tiny bits of strawberry in the drink provide enough, albeit subtle, flavor. The chocolate is more pronounced than the strawberry, but the person who said it was just a mocha with strawberry sauce on top obviously didn’t have theirs prepared the same as mine.

I’ll have to try it again at another McDonalds to see if I can duplicate the experience, but my first try left me very impressed!

10. Claudia says:

I loved this frappe, the only thing is that if you are pregnant
    it wont let you sleep at all…believe me…to much caffeine.