New Rodeo Burger and Rodeo Crispy Chicken Sandwich from Burger King

The latest from Burger King is a bit of a step back and a step forward.  New Rodeo Sandwiches from BK include the Rodeo Burger and the Rodeo Crispy Chicken Sandwich.  The Rodeo Cheeseburger we should all know and love gets demoted in the cheese department.  Let’s see if the Onion Rings and BBQ sauce are enough to do it justice.  The Crispy Chicken Sandwich as a Rodeo style might be interesting.

Burger King Rodeo Sandwiches

• The Rodeo Burger features a savory fire-grilled beef patty topped with sweet and spicy BBQ sauce and crispy, golden onion rings served on a toasted, sesame seed bun.
  • The Rodeo Chicken Sandwich features deliciously crisp chicken, sweet and spicy BBQ sauce and crispy onion rings served on a toasted sesame seed bun.

Also for a limited time, Burger King is promoting Free Hot Coffee with any breakfast sandwich purchase.

Free Coffee Burger King

18 comments on “New Rodeo Burger and Rodeo Crispy Chicken Sandwich from Burger King

1. Mike N. says:

The burger looks weird without cheese. I wonder the up-charge for a slice of cheese is.

2. Chaz says:

What is the price point for these rodeo items? They might be a hit as I don’t like their cheese so I would rather have any of their sandwiches without cheese.

3. Icedus says:

Effin’ bogus. How can Burger King sleep at night after having downgraded the one remaining holdover from their glory days? I’m so close to throwing away my copy of Big Bumpin’.

4. Chris aka NamebranD says:

The lack of cheese on this new version means I’m not wasting my time going to buy this. Not when there are burgers just like this at way better places that don’t make me sick to my stomach.

The last 5 times I have asked for a simple upgrade to a sandwich at a fast food restaurant… Only once did I get what I wanted.

B

5. Bryan says:

Is the Rodeo burger not standard everywhere? Here in ohio it’s a staple of the menu.

6. Brandon says:

The BK’s in my local area have always had the Rodeo Cheeseburger. It’s even on the menu. I assume these two will just be added to the menu instead of replacing the Cheeseburger.

7. Theresa says:

I am not a huge beef so I was really excited about the chicken version. I tried one today and loved it! It is essentially this version of a Mchicken with BBQ sauce and onion rings, the peppery chicken pairs really well with the tangy bbq sauce & sweet onion rings. I swear I don’t work for BK I am just extremely hungry haha. My sandwich was also exrremely fresh, they were very busy at the time, the girl at the counter said everyone was there for the same reason I was. This is another one of those sandwiches that’s been possible for years but getting an employee being paid minimum wage to understand the complicated order and go though the tedious process of plugging it into the register wasn’t worth the effort or guilt. These are 1.06 at my local BK, def gonna mean I frequent there more.

8. TJ says:

Wow people are getting upset over a 20 cent upcharge for cheese? Really? Looks pretty decent to me.

9. Todd says:

OK. I got a hankering for a rodeo burger after reading about it here. I asked for a slice of cheese on it. Surprisingly they put the xtra slice of cheese and put a decent amount of barbeque sauce. However, the onion rings were very soft. $.35 for cheese here in Columbia SC.

10. Sascha says:

Thank You Burger King! Nothing I hate more than that ultra-processed yellow “American” these places slap on their burgers. I am by no means a cheese snob, but I can’t eat that stuff, from any of the chains, not BK specific. I really like that Burger King has offered some of these recent dollar burgers (bacon burger, fry burger) sans cheese, saves me the time of ordering it without, then getting it with half the time anyway. McDonald’s seems to have come up with a decent solution too, as their white cheddar has taken center stage on the dollar menu. Sure, it’s not great cheese either, but at least it has some characteristics of it. Will definitely try these, just hoping the Orings will be fresh-ish.

11. Will Buckingham says:

Well, I know what dinner tomorrow is going to be now. And if the burger is even remotely fresh, Burger King will be getting repeat business from me again for the first time in about a year. I really don’t understand their business model though. They systematically removed every unique take on a fast food item from their menu and replaced it with a knock-off, and then flailed around the last couple years with half a dozen new “seasonal” items every few months. And if you liked an item from that batch (I did like the original BBQ rib sandwich) it was gone in short order for the next line up. I can only hope the Rodeo items will sell well enough for them to remain on the menu for a while.

12. Jeremy says:

The rodeo cheeseburger appeared briefly here in Louisiana around 1999. It lasted a few months, then disappeared. I won’t forget the time I went into the drive-thru and ordered it (after it was discontinued here), only to be told I would have to buy a small onion rings if I wanted them added to a “BBQ cheeseburger”.

13. Jeremy says:

I’m curious – how long do you think it will be before they put french fries on their burgers??

14. Nicole says:

Was not impressed with the rodeo burger at all! On the other hand the crispy chicken one is great!

15. Bob says:

Neither of the rodeo sandwiches are available at the Burger King at the University of Florida. When I tried to order them, none of the staff (including the manager) had any idea of what I was talking about and the cashier said that she doesn’t even watch tv so she didn’t knowwhat Burger King showed in its ads.
    Definitely a disappointing experience!