New Bayou Buffalo Wicked Chicken from Popeyes

We were introduced to Garlic Pepper in early 2012 and the Wicked Chicken brand from Popeyes has gained another newcomer in new Bayou Buffalo Wicked Chicken.  The buffalo sauced strips of chicken come with fries, a biscuit and new Bleu Cheese Dipping Sauce for $3.99.  No mini bottle of Tabasco with this one like the original Wicked Chicken.

Bayou Buffalo Wicked Chicken Popeyes

11 comments on “New Bayou Buffalo Wicked Chicken from Popeyes

1. BigBelly says:

sounds good, I don’t know if “sauced strips” would make it home without getting soggy though… I’ll probably try them

• JoeyF says:

They were a little bit and it was only about 5 minutes to get them home. Mine were very sauced and a little spicy, if you like buffalo wings they are good but i prefer my sauce on the side. My favorite popeyes item was the boneless buffalo nuggets that had the spices in the breading, those were great but haven’t seen them in a few years.

2. Rick Felt says:

Those look damn tasty!!! I can’t wait to try them.

Oh and that “mini Tabasco bottle” has never once appeared when I’ve received my orders when I bought the wicked chicken at my local Popeyes in Annandale, VA. I’m pretty sure that location owner does something else with them like selling them on the side.

3. JC says:

How much chicken can there actually be in those thin strips?

• Raiders757 says:

You would be surprised considering the price point. Other specials I’ve tried similar to this one, had a decent amount of chicken. Since I have one right around the corner, I am going to have try these in the next day or two.

4. popwar says:

These were good and at $4.99 combo with drink . one of the best values anywhere

5. Ray says:

Got these for lunch today… $5.79 for the combo, which includes the strips, side, biscuit, large drink and dipping sauce. The flavor was good but not as spicy as I was expecting. The strips did lose their crunch (got soggy) very fast due to the fries. I got a satisfying amount of chicken for the price and left very full (thanks in part to the red beans & rice and biscuit). A good meal overall but not something I’ll be craving.

6. Anna says:

On my way to work , I wanted to try the WICKED BUFFELLO
    I rate my comment a (4) not only 5 mn from work
    My fries were like leftovers and the checken was not the tempeture
    Or not even hot right out of the fryer.
    I was so hungry i nuc my lunch and my tast buds was gone.It was
    Thanks but not to try again .

7. Julie says:

I loved loved loved the Bayou Buffalo Chicken. Buffalo wings are not crunchy… so you shouldn’t expect these chicken tenders to be crunchy. I really like Popeye’s fries.. It is hard to find good tasting Buffalo chicken where I live and for me.. Popeye’s has the best.

8. Mark says:

Thought these were awful, too soggy–I would rather get regular chicken strips (or the rippin’ chicken they sometimes have) and dip it myself in Frank’s.