New 3-Cheese Stuffed Crust Pizza from Pizza Hut

By now you know that Pizza Hut has upped the ante in the stuffed crust pizza game with a new 3-Cheese Stuffed Crust Pizza coming on October 20th.  Actually, is Pizza Hut the only one doing Stuffed Crust Pizza these days?  I know Little Caesars had one at some point, but I think the idea of cheese stuffed into pizza crust has been met with scrutiny over who really came up with it.  At any rate, it’s going to be difficult to go back to simple mozzarella stuffed crust once 3-Cheese Stuffed Crust Pizza hits Pizza Hut locations nationwide in a few weeks.  I tried it early, keep reading to find out if your local Pizza Hut already has the new 3-Cheese Stuffed Crust Pizza.

3 cheese stuffed crust pizza Back in 1995, the Original Stuffed Crust Pizza from Pizza Hut made its debut and set company sales records.  Since then we’ve seen Stuffed Crust innovations such as Crazy Cheesy Crust Pizza (cheese filled dough pockets), Stuffed Crust Gold (original Stuffed Crust Pizza with cheddar cheese baked onto the outer crust and a ring of cheese stuffed inside the crust), and Ultimate Stuffed Crust Pizza (cheese and toppings rolled inside the crust).  Nearly 20 years later, a couple of new cheeses will be joining mozzarella to create a richer blend of flavors to the stuffed pizza crust. With 3-Cheese Stuffed Crust Pizza, Pizza Hut has added white cheddar and provolone cheese.  The crust is Pizza Hut’s Hand-Tossed Style and will be priced at $12.00 for a one-topping pizza.

3 cheese stuffed pizza hutSo I recently sampled the new pizza and if you are near one of three specific restaurants, you can get your hands on 3-Cheese Stuffed Crust Pizza right now.  Pizza Hut records show that these three restaurants have sold more original Stuffed Crust Pizza than any other locations in the country so they have the new pizza already:

• 3094a Story Road, San Jose, California
  • 3052 Lancaster Drive NE, Salem, Oregon
  • 9200 New Hampshire Avenue, Silver Spring, Maryland

Visit 3CheeseStuffed.com to tweet your hometown and hashtag your #[CityST] and #3CheeseStuffed for an entry to get your location the new pizza early.

3 cheese stuffedThe city with the most tweets will be announced Thursday, October 10th.  Coincidentally the city I grew up in is currently in the lead.

3cheese stuffed twitterMy thoughts on new 3-Cheese Stuffed Crust Pizza… well after initially going with the backwards first bite my preference of saving best for last kicked in.  I’ve never been a big fan of Pizza Hut products and that leans more towards my disdain for their pan style pizza (for which I might be in the small minority).  To even things out slightly, I thought the Firebaked Flatbreads were pretty decent and I have an unhealthy love for Pizza Hut P’Zones.  As for 3-Cheese Stuffed Crust Pizza, I liked it.

3 Cheese Stuffed Crust Pizza HutThere is evidence of my fondness for white cheddar scattered through the pages of GrubGrade history and I think it was a great choice with this new pizza.  It’s a milder white cheddar, but has just enough bite to actually stand out amongst the trio of cheeses.  Mozzarella alone never cut it for me personally with the original Stuffed Crust Pizza and capping the blend with provolone and white cheddar made for a more well-rounded flavor.  The melt of the cheese was just right and I loved the outer crust enough to want 3-Cheese Stuffed Crust and forget the pizza altogether.  Each slice of the pizza contains two cheese morsels stuffed into the crust which makes everything nice and even.

3 cheese stuffed crustI do wish there were some accompanying dipping sauces made standard with this new pizza, but I guess that will have to wait for future alterations to the promotion.  If you like the original Stuffed Crust Pizza, there’s a good chance you won’t miss it once you try new 3-Cheese Stuffed Crust Pizza.  I never cared much for the original, but the newcomer stands out for me.

19 comments on “New 3-Cheese Stuffed Crust Pizza from Pizza Hut

1. Michael Quinton says:

Have to wonder if this replaces the original completely. I love stuffed crust, cheese is delicious. Haven’t had any in years though.

I don’t like the morsels or bulging bubble thing though. The original was straight like a normal crust.

2. al says:

the bulging might be becasue theres sumthng inside.. hehe.. im not a fan of more then one flavor in pizza

3. BigBelly says:

I find this review extremely contradictory,
    you “loved” the crust, but wanted to forget about the pizza?
    The cheddar was mild, but had a bite??
    you “wish” it had dipping sauces… if it needs dipping sauces, it doesn’t sound that good to me???
    the only flavor profile I can see being added would be salt from the provolone, the rest just sounds like a marketing gimmick :/

• Ryan says:

Yeah the crust was the obvious highlight and I was just attempting to point out that this part of the pizza can stand alone. The cheese stuffed into the crust contains a “milder” white cheddar than what I’m used to but still had enough bite to stand out as the dominant flavor amongst the the provolone and mozz. Dipping sauces would’ve been nice, yeah. The crust doesn’t fail without the need for dipping sauces, but sure, just throwing out an idea which most people would likely agree with. As for marketing gimmick, I can’t disagree with you there but I can’t hate on Pizza Hut for improving upon an already successful menu item and rebranding it. I have a feeling the 3-Cheese Stuffed Crust will become the standard.

4. Scrape says:

Given how terrible their normal pan pizzas have been the past few years, I can only imagine just how terrible this “thing” is. Better stock up on TP before ordering!

• thehottoddy23 says:

LOL that comment totally made my day. You couldn’t be more right about the TP. I don’t think I know anyone who doesn’t get an “upset stomach” from Pizza Hut products. Surely that isn’t the case with everyone but it seems to happen more frequently than a lot of restaurants. Sorry to be gross but it is worth mentioning sadly enough. Personally I don’t mind Pizza Hut on occasion (rare occasions) and the Stuffed Crust is definitely one of their better products so I’d give this a try. Thanks for the review as well.

• TJ says:

Like Pizza Hut is alone in upsetting stomachs.. it’s because people eat way too much in one sitting, again it isn’t the case with all people, but I love the random hate on Pizza Hut for this kind of thing. When Pizza Hut pizza is delivered in our office, I’m careful, but mostly because it’s pizza in general.. have 2 or 3 slices then stop. If you’re in decent health you’ll be fine, it’s not pure poison, it’s just unhealthy greasiness.

• thehottoddy23 says:

Well it isn’t a very high quality product, which is likely why people tend to get sick. Like I said, I don’t eat it often and don’t eat much when I do but it still bothers me- and I’m in good health. Agreed that it is VERY greasy and certainly not health food. I think we were making more of a joke than anything so don’t take anything said too seriously. As far as hating on Pizza Hut, it’s an opinion just like yours and everyone is entitled to them whether you agree with it or not.

5. TJ says:

Looks pretty good to me, to be fair I actually generally like Pizza Hut as far as chain pizza goes.. yea I know their dough is frozen, I guess I’ve never found it be a huge problem, I’m sure that’s just me. I think they made decent cheese choices in white cheddar and provolone… not too strong but they should add a little flavor. I can wait without making the 2 hour drive to San Jose, and I’m not going to join twitter over it, but I look forward to trying one when it’s released nationwide. Dipping sauces are always welcome, but I’m usually happy enough without them too.

6. rondoman says:

You know what the one difference is between white cheddar and regular yellow cheddar?

Coloring. That’s it.

7. Jason says:

When you say you love white cheddar, I hope you realize it’s no different than orange cheddar, save for coloring.

• Ryan says:

Yeah when I think white cheddar I tend to have my mind drift towards the sharper varieties like what Panera uses (sharp/extra sharp Vermont white) in their breakfast sandwiches. The range of mild/medium/sharp/extra sharp etc will always vary, but I’ve always found when places use white cheddar its on the sharper side… and orange/yellow more on the extremely mild side so you might notice its texture, but not much of its taste. Even though I’d describe the stuffed cheese of this pizza as a “milder” white cheddar, it still had more of a standout sharpness in my experience with quick-serve restaurant cheddars.

8. […] towards my disdain for their pan style pizza (for which I might be in the small minority)…” wrote Ryan Haybok. “…If you like the original Stuffed Crust Pizza, there’s a good chance you won’t miss it once […]

9. Colter says:

Sure are a lot of cheese specialists in this thread. Yall are WHEY too serious.

10. Pommerening says:

Little Caesar’s still has stuffed crust at most locations. It’s easily one of the top pizzas out there, not even considering the price of only $7.50. They put garlic butter and Parmesan on the crust, it’s great.

Some locations have stuffed crazy bread. Soo good, but I don’t get that anymore since it is so high in fat and sodium.

11. […] Pizza Hut 3-Cheese Stuffed Crust Pizza […]

12. […] The Nosh Show: Episode 15 on New 3-Cheese Stuffed Crust Pizza from Pizza Hut […]