Dip’n Chick’n is Back at Popeyes

The scoop-shaped chicken known as Dip’n Chick’n is back for a limited time at Popeyes.  I loved Dip’n Chick’n back when it was introduced at and this time around it comes with an extra-large serving of new Cajun Chili Garlic dipping sauce.

Dip'n Chick'n from PopeyesThe price is $4.99 which is a dollar more than what I spent when it was first introduced.  The value is still there as it comes with fries and a biscuit.  Dip’n Chick’n will be available until October 27th.

Dip'n Chick'n Popeyes

Dip’n Chick’n is premium juicy all white meat chicken breast fillets marinated in authentic Louisiana herbs and spices. The hand-battered and breaded pieces of chicken are then cooked up into a perfect scoop shape for dipping in Popeyes new Cajun Chili Garlic Dipping Sauce–a sweet and spicy dipping sauce seasoned with red chili pepper and garlic.

8 comments on “Dip’n Chick’n is Back at Popeyes

1. BigBelly says:

sounds delicious, I didn’t make the drive for it last year, but I will this time

2. Dynamo says:

Popeyes is always great so I can’t wait to try this. I’m very intrigued by that sauce. I guess this means the chicken and waffles are gone now… Sad face.

• Dynamo says:

I can happily report that the chicken waffle tenders are not yet gone, at least not as of 2 days ago when I had them. They’re quite a good value too for Popeyes, which tends to be a little pricy, at $5.79 for a combo that includes a large drink. By comparison, the dipn chicken combo is $6.89. Also, they may have changed the sweet maple sauce formula a little since my last one was noticeably less thick, making it much easier to dip.

3. JF says:

I thought these were great. Will most likely get them again. I forget the last sauce they had, pretty sure it was a ranch based, maybe blackened ranch, which I recall being good. Curious to try the new sauce and see how it is.

Ryan, if you tried the new sauce, any impressions? Or anyone else who has tried it have any impressions?

4. Chris says:

I have to say that the 4 most prominent fried chicken chains here are KFC, Lee’s Famous Recipe Chicken, Popeye’s Chicken, and Church’s Chicken. I have to say that for all of the KFC/Lee’s Chicken I have had in my life, Popeye’s products are ALWAYS superior. I can’t wait to try these.. assuming I can muster $5.

• Jay says:

I have had some Lee’s that was as good as any chicken around and I have had some (different locations) where the product wasn’t very good. Same with just about all franchises though.

When you find a good Lee’s, it’s very good chicken. Same with Church’s. I’ve only found one good kfc in the last 15-20 years. It’s getting harder to find a bad Popeye’s these days. At one time I thought they were on their way out.

5. JF says:

I got these and thought the sauce was great. They are a bit like McDonald’s Sweet Chili in terms of texture, etc. but definitely have a kick to it. Not too spicy, and it’s one of those hits you a few seconds later. I really liked the sauce and hope they make this a permanent offering.

As for the claim that it’s extra large, not sure I’d call it that. It is a round container and there is more than their other sauces, but I pretty much ran out of sauce at the end (partly because the sauce was that good). Definitely recommended!

6. Stahi says:

S’frickin’ $5.99 at the Popeyes in Manassas.