New Seasonal Menu at Panera features New Pasta and Salad

The menu at Panera has a bunch of new and returning items to bring in the fall season.  The menu is highlighted by a brand new Rigatoni San Marzano to expand the pasta menu.  The dish features rigatoni pasta tossed with spicy sausage, peas and San Marzano tomatoes and clocks in at 650 calories.

Rigatoni PaneraAlso new to the menu is the Roasted Turkey Harvest Wheatberry Salad which features roasted turkey, field greens, romaine lettuce, a wheatberry blend and Gorgonzola cheese, tossed in maple balsamic vinaigrette and will set you back 440 calories.  For breakfast, the Roasted Tomato & Feta Baked Egg Souffle is comprised on an egg mixture, roasted tomatoes and feta cheese, baked in a sweet croissant dough (510 calories).

Fall Menu PaneraRounding out the menu, here’s a rundown of what else is available for a limited time at Panera.

• Vegetarian Autumn Squash Soup: A blend of butternut squash and pumpkin, simmered in vegetable broth with honey, apple juice, cinnamon and a hint of curry, then finished with sweet cream and topped with roasted and salted pumpkin seeds.  330 calories
  • Pumpkin Spice Latte: Freshly brewed espresso, steamed milk and pumpkin spice syrup topped with whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce.  380 calories
  • Steel Cut Oatmeal with Apple Chips & Toasted Pecans: Organic steel cut oats, cooked to perfection with cinnamon crunch topping, apple chips and toasted pecans. 360 calories
  • Pumpkin Muffin: Freshly baked muffin made with real pumpkin and honey and topped with powdered sugar.  580 calories
  • Pumpkin Muffie: Freshly baked muffie made with real pumpkin and honey and topped with powdered sugar. 290 calories
  • Pumpkin Cookie: Freshly baked, pumpkin-shaped shortbread cookie decorated with icing to look like a pumpkin.  450 calories

14 comments on “New Seasonal Menu at Panera features New Pasta and Salad

1. Matt says:

I work at Panera and I just tried the Wheatberry salad and I’m not afraid to say that it’s pretty freaking gross

• Manavee says:

Well, I don’t work at Panera and I actually thought it was a good, well balanced salad. I also liked the new chocolate cupcake they have as well.

However, like most things at Panera, both items were about a dollar too expensive for what you get. The salad and the cupcake set me back about $12 total, without a drink.

2. Bryan says:

I shudder to think of the sodium content. Speaking of, why do restaurants only give calorie counts and fat grams as “nutritional information”? I don’t give two squirts about calories. Gimme the sodium information.

3. AJ says:

I agree with Bryan-I want the sodium content as that is what I have to watch for. Sadly no restaurants provide that and it is always way more than I can have anyway.

4. CB says:

You don’t care about calories but you do about the sodium? Why is that?

• Bryan says:

I care because im going through kidney failure and I have high blood pressure. Most places only post calories. The other thing that I’ve noticed is that when restaurants tout how “low in calories” or “heart healthy” something is, it usually contains about two days worth of sodium. I’m sure millions of people have high blood pressure and dont even know it. I dont blame anyone else, but the amount of extra salt that’s pumped into everything these days isn’t helping.

• MP says:

My elderly parents both are suffering from high blood pressure & take meds for it. One is in decent shape, exercises & isn’t overweight. The other is short, very overweight & doesn’t exercise. Within a year both were diagnosed with the same problem. Upon inspection, they ate a LOT of sodium. They loved their canned soups & ravioli, their salty snacks, breakfast meats, salty lunches & whole milk, cottage cheese & butter – and they ate a pretty old school diet where they assembled a lot of meals. But what they cooked with was loaded with sodium. And of course they oversalted everything including vegetables. Once they learned about 2300mg, they started noticing how much less salty food tasted & their palette adjusted.
        I had to show them websites from the few fast food places they ate; they couldn’t believe how high it was; especially fried chicken, burritos & buns. My mom’s wake-up call was the constant nose bleeds.

• BigBelly says:

I started checking their websites before going, so I know what is what… amazing how it changes what I order sometimes

• MP says:

Personally I would rank trans fat, high sodium, saturated fat & bad cholesterol worse than high calories.

5. Rebecca says:

The cashiers have nutritional binders under their registers that have the complete information for every item on the menu.

6. Mikey F Baby says:

Just had the Rigatoni San Marzano. Got the small portion with a salad for $9. I must say it tastes just like the rigatoni I make at home. Less work to prepare, obviously more expensive.

I don’t know what I expected, but this wasn’t really it. Not bad just… average.

7. RC says:

From The Bleachers Most Television Cooking Display Hosts At
    Approximately Every 9 Episodes Suggest Which Going To A Restaurant
    Should Be Planned For Ahead Of Time.
    I Am Guessing Almost All Restaurants Figure People Haven’t Eaten Almost
    All Of The Day So They Load Up Fat Also The ”Wow” Factor High
    Sodium Sauces. A Typicall Minimum Sodium Content Seems To Be In The
    33% – 40% Range.
    Towards To me The Solution Is To Plan Ahead By Either Having An L. S.
    (Low Sodium) (Greek Yogurt Going Ryan Oatmeal OTHhers) Breakfast Else
    Lunch (Do Not Fabricate A 30% Cold Cut Ham Sandwich. In Place Of
    It Have A 10% Sodium Protein Bar) Else Skipping Out On Lunch.
    That Way You Are Low Upon Sodium (You’ Had Bland Food All Day) Else
    Starved Which Is What The Restaurants Anticipate Towards To Yourself.
    ”Now” You Might Be Able Towards To ”Pig Out” Upon High High Sodium
    High Fat Foods Because They Shall Fill The High Fat Also Upon The High
    Sodium Items Which You Have Not Had All Day.

8. RC says:

Eat A Low Sodium Breakfast Then Skipping Out On Lunch Resultant Restaurant Fills You Up On Fats Also Sodium.

9. RC says:

Eat A Low Sodiumn Breakfast Then Skipping Out On Lunch. Resultant The Resraureant Fills You Up On Sodium Fats.