New Chick-fil-A Breakfast Menu Items in Test Markets
I like Chick-fil-A breakfast… see exhibit A and exhibit B. I recently came across a Chick-fil-A location that was offering a selection of new breakfast items that are currently still in a test market phase. Select locations in Philadelphia, New Jersey, Delaware, the Eastern Shore of Maryland, Inland Empire, California and central Georgia are your best best for tracking down the new breakfast items. The market test will continue through November 2nd. From the new breakfast menu items, I grabbed the Maple Waffle, the Sausage, Egg & Cheese English Muffin and the Cinnamon Biscuit Roll.
Out of the stuff I’ve tried so far, I’m considering doing a full review of at least the Maple Waffle… my impressions… hint, hint I liked it enough to get it on back to back mornings. Here’s a rundown of the new breakfast offerings being tested at select Chick-fil-A locations:
- Toasted English Muffin: Served warm and toasted with jelly or guest’s choice of condiment. Starting at $0.89.
- Sausage, Egg & Cheese English Muffin: A pork sausage patty, folded egg and cheese served on a toasted English muffin. Starting at $2.59.
- Maple Waffle: A sweet Belgian-style waffle with a unique caramelized sugar crunch. The waffle is baked with maple syrup inside – no additional syrup is required, making it a perfect choice for kids and customers on-the-go. Starting at $2.05.
- Cinnamon Biscuit Roll: A cinnamon breakfast pastry inspired by Chick-fil-A’s made-from-scratch buttermilk biscuit, served warm with cream cheese icing. Starting at $1.89.
- Toasted Bagel: A hearty plain bagel served warm and toasted, and with cream cheese or guest’s choice of condiment. Starting at $1.25.
- Bacon, Egg & Cheese Bagel: Strips of smoked Applewood bacon, folded egg and cheese served on a toasted bagel. Starting at $2.95.
The real “new” factor for the breakfast sandwiches is the new choice of bread, the English Muffin. Also, theres now a plain bagel option.
On current Chick-fil-A breakfast menus there is a Chicken, Egg & Cheese Bagel (our review) which uses a sunflower multigrain bagel. Breakfast sandwiches can be ordered with your choice of meat (bacon, sausage or chicken) and bread (English muffin, bagel or biscuit). Chick-fil-A is also replacing grapes with blueberries in its Fruit Cup, which is a mix of mandarin oranges, strawberries and red and green apple pieces.