Smokehouse Brisket Sandwich from Arby’s Coming This Year

According to BrandEating, Arby’s is set to launch the Smokehouse Brisket sandwich later this year.  The Smokehouse Brisket features “thinly-sliced beef brisket smoked with hickory for 14 to 18 hours. The brisket will be served with melted smoked Gouda cheese, crispy onions, barbecue sauce and mayo on a toasted specialty roll.”  The suggested price of the sandwich is $5.29. Thank you Q for another worthy Nosh or Not product for episode 9 of The Nosh Show.

Arby's Smokehouse Brisket

15 comments on “Smokehouse Brisket Sandwich from Arby’s Coming This Year

1. Bob Smith says:

Could be worth trying if in fact it’s smoked low and slow as described. However, Arby’s restaurants do not, so far as I know, have smokers. I don’t know if they have real roast beef spits anymore.

2. Raiders757 says:

This sounds pretty intriguing for a fast food item. My question is this. What is the point in putting mayo on this sandwich when it already has BBQ sauce on it? Yes, I am a bit biased, as find mayo to be the nastiest mainstream condiment ever invented, but even if I liked the stuff, it seems there is absolutely no need for it here. It’s just added fat and calories for absolutely no reason. BBQ sauce is a condiment where nothing else is needed accept maybe a few dashes of hot sauce. If it’s good BBQ sauce that is. I’ll also add that mayo has no business on BBQ of any kind. I don’t care what those backwards wackos from Alabama try to claim. It’s sacrilege. Even if it’s on fast food brisket.

Ranting aside. I like the idea of Gouda and crispy onions along with the brisket. I’m going to try one of these when come to my market sans any of the sauce, and use Arby’s regular BBQ sauce in the packets instead. Assuming that the BBQ sauce being used here is not the same.

• Tony says:

Putting mayo on a roast beef sandwich is basically the same as having steak and eggs for breakfast. It’s a tried and true combination.

• Roger says:

On roast beef, the tried and true white stuff is horseradish.

• TheHotToddy23 says:

I think both work to be honest. Personally I go with horseradish most of the time, but sometimes nothing at all or at least BBQ sauce. I think the mayo thing is a personal thing- whereas you absolutely love it or absolutely hate it. I like mayo, but too much will ruin a sandwich and at times it just isn’t needed or appropriate.

This sandwich sounds great, though, and I’ll hope for a coupon (which I get several times a month!) to try it out. Arby’s is definitely one my favorites.

3. Christiana says:

Hold the mayo and I’d give it a nosh. It almost seems like their take on a Rodeo cheeseburger.

4. Bill says:

Leave off the BBQ sauce and I would love it

5. Roger C. says:

5.29? Har har, might as well just get the real thing somewhere. Nice try Arby’s.

6. Jimmy James says:

Ooooh, this would definitely be a “nosh” for me. While I haven’t been to Arby’s in a long while, this would motivate me to get down there. Not too sure about the mayo though.

7. Christopher says:

I will wait for a coupon to come in the mail for a free drink and curly fry with purchase of this sandwich…otherwise there is no way I would shell out $5.29. This is practically a legitimate smokehouse (or county fair) price.

8. maxchain says:

Y’know what? I’ll follow you guys’ lead on this one. Adam’s review on the Angus Three Cheese and Bacon Sub a couple years back coaxed me into breaking my Five Dollars is Too Much for a Fast Food Sandwich rule, and I didn’t regret it.

9. Jonathan Wayne says:

$5.29??? Ha Ha, pass. I do like crispy onions though.

10. RickFelt says:

People actually eat at Arby’s and that “fake” roast beef? I wish there were more Roy Roger’s in this country, cause that’s REAL ROAST BEEF!!!!

• Lancaster says:

That’s the thing, though – this isn’t their usual grade of roast beef. I’ve wondered how they would do if they brought up their beef to the standard of their turkey (which has given us some very good sandwiches), or at least offering a premium option. And for Arby’s, $5.29 is pretty standard pricing.

I’m informed by old-timers that they didn’t switch over to the super-processed stuff until sometime in the late ’70s or early ’80s; prior to that, they had huge, genuine “steamship rounds” of roast beef from which they hacked off slices. What they’re doing with this new sandwich isn’t quite a return to form, but it’s a step in the right direction. They’ve had premium offerings before, like when the “Angus” name was the big craze, but this looks like something a bit more traditional, Gouda aside.

• Zachary Jacob Zblewski says:

They have “Ultimate Angus” sandwiches right now that use a different beef than the rest of the menus.