New Crunchy Chicken Enchilada Melt from Subway

Has anyone spotted the Crunchy Chicken Enchilada Melt from Subway?  This new Subway item features shredded chicken in enchilada sauce, Monterey Cheddar and Fritos chips.  It seems to be one of the more original offerings we’ve seen from Subway in quite some time.  Every month we’re treated to another boring featured Five Dollar Footlong and stuff like the Crunchy Chicken Enchilada Melt doesn’t have a national presence?Crunchy Chicken Enchilada Melt SubwaySpotted by Bardia in Central Florida and billed as a “Central Florida Exclusive”… and then a little later I receive word from GrubGrade reader Sean that these are available in downtown Seattle.  Let us know if you’ve spotted the Crunchy Chicken Enchilada Melt in your area.

37 comments on “New Crunchy Chicken Enchilada Melt from Subway

1. Ryan says:

Just saw a commercial for a Prime Rib Melt in Maryland

• Rick says:

Doesn’t that look terrible?

• Joe Cool says:

And that has what to do with the crunchy chicken enchilada melt?

• Ryan says:

It’s an example of a new Subway item that happens to be regional and not national… like the Crunchy Chicken Enchilada Melt. The national campaigns of late revolve around “featured” subs each month, but they are nothing new. Prime Rib Melt is new and only regional considering it’s not on the Subway website.

2. BigBelly says:

sounds pretty good to me, never had their flat breads before, I’d give it a try!

3. Nick says:

I’ve heard commercials for it here in Orlando. I’ll see if the Subway by my office has it and give it a try & let you guys know. Sounds pretty good.

4. Jeremy E says:

JUST finished one of these! It’s a bit of a mess but quite delicious. It’s like a giant taco, a bit better quality than what you would get from Taco Bell, but 8$. The Fritos held their crunchiness through a 10 minute drive (covered in sauce and cheese) and throughout the entire meal. With jalapenos added to it, this sandwich had quite the kick. If they had promoted this as their 6$ foot long, I’d be all over it, but I can’t bring myself to spend 8$ on a sandwich such as this when there are a plethora of better options. I expect to pay a heavy tribute to the porcelain goddess in a few hours.

• Joe Cool says:

Love your last sentence, exactly what I was thinking especially with the japs added to the sandwich.

5. Beefonstick says:

Noticed it in Richmond after curiously spotting bags of fritos in the ingredient counter. With the success of the beefy crunch fritos seem to be an increasingly utilized fast food ingredient.

6. tomjonjon says:

Spotted in Milwaukee

7. Kapil says:

Spotted at Londonderry NH. They did not serve Fritos. :(
    Shall I complain ?

8. TheHotToddy23 says:

I know people love Subway, or at least a lot of people, but I think it is flat-out garbage. I mean any fast food is cheap food clearly- and I’m not saying that I dislike it because I definitely don’t, but Subway is beyond awful. Fresh baked bread? Maybe but I’ve never had it when it isn’t dry and tasteless and crumbling in my hand. The meat is strange tasting (is it even meat?) and the veggies are always warm and limp. Even the $5 foot-long is overpriced as I see it. I avoid this place like the plague.

• Fala says:

Calling bread dry with a negative connotation is a bit odd. Personally, I’m not a huge fan of soggy bread. I agree that the flavor of Subway bread leaves a lot to be desired. Crumbling as a factor of dislike can go either way. It depends on how it crumbles. How would you describe your ideal piece of bread, though? Sopping wet, flavorful, and adhering like glue to your hand?

• AlexG says:

Subway uses the cheapest ingredients compared to other deli fast food options. I totally agree with your post. The Bread is absolutely horrible. I don’t know how you can mess up freshly baked bread but they have found a way to do it. Now they are stealing ideas from Taco Bell.

• Joe Cool says:

Its fine if you don’t like it but to call it “flat-out garbage” is a little strong. Sure its mediocre but come on…

9. [...] Chicken Enchilada Melt has only been spotted in Central Florida and downtown Seattle, according to Grub Grade (while a visit to our local Subway location revealed no such glory). But perhaps this reveal can be [...]

10. [...] Grub Grade reports that it’s currently being tested in select markets including Central Florida and downtown Seattle. [...]

11. [...] Grub Grade reports that it’s currently being tested in make a choice markets including primary Florida and downtown Seattle. [...]

12. Randy Johnson says:

I don’t understand people who go to Subway when there are much better options to them. Who in their right mind would go to Subway over Jersey Mikes or Jimmy Johns or Which Witch? If you can’t afford the others thats one thing but if you actually like subway over them you have some explaining to do.

• Joe Cool says:

Never heard of Which Witch, definitely none in my area, and what a horrible name by the way. And there are no Jersey Mikes or Jimmy Johns close to my work, so sometimes I go to Subway for lunch. And its fine, its not the greatest or the worst. Jimmy Johns is so overrated by the way too, all they care about is getting you in and out as fast as possible.

13. MR says:

The Crunchy Chicken Enchilada is available at the downtown Olympia Subway. (Seattle area)

14. James says:

Yuck…

15. [...] Whether this has you going “Yum!” or “What in the what now?” it’s apparently a real thing, according to GrubGrade. [...]

16. Nick says:

Spotted the Crunchy chicken enchilada melt in a San Diego, CA Subway.

I didn’t order it, though. It looked questionable.

17. [...] According to a description of the product written on a promotional image, the sandwich is “Packed with shredded chicken in enchilada sauce, melty Monterey Cheddar and crunchy Fritos.” GrubGrade writes that it’s in testing in at least central Florida and downtown Seattle. [...]

18. Navinova says:

Just finished one of these (Walla Walla, WA), and it was pretty great! Definitely something different, yes a little pricy but its the only sub shop on this side of town and I didn’t want ham and turkey again. Next time I will probably get jalapenos on it.

19. Digit0l says:

I decided to give this a try even though it sounded weird to me. It was great! I had it with the flatbread and cheddar and chipotle sauce. I was definitely surprised how good it was. I don’t think it would taste good on anything but the flatbread though imo. Expect it to taste more like a taco than a sandwich. I definitely was NOT healthy though!

20. memyselfandi says:

I’m not a huge fan of Subway but since the kids like it and I was in the mood for Mexican..thought I’d try the Enchilada Melt. While not a fan of the flatbread, I figured I’d give it a try on Italian with lettuce, tomatoes, and their chipotle dressing. YUM!!! I’d love to try it in a wrap..or even on a salad..again, I think it would be yummy!!

21. Terri says:

I tried this sub in a local new store in Victoria, Va. It was Great! The staff was Great… The two employees that were working on the day I went in were awesome! They were so helpful, they made our sub experience the best. We got them to make it like the picture.
    On another note:
    My husband went into the Subway in Amelia, Va. and tried to duplicate that sub and the staff was clueless. Just goes to show you… management????

22. Pam says:

Wow! There is not much I like at Subway but driving home from Northern Wisconsin I stopped at a Subway in a gas station and tried the crunchy chicken enchilada sandwich on flatbread. I loved it and want another one but the Subway by me doesn’t have it. I put lettuce, tomato, red onion, and spicy chipotle mayo on it. Yummmm!

• Geoff says:

That’s almost identical to mine, but I left off the tomato and added a squirt if the sriracha sauce as well, and it was great!

23. […] Over last summer at select Subway locations, a Crunchy Chicken Enchilada Melt was made available for a limited time.  The test run item looks to possibly be making its national release as the featured Subway sandwich in February as the new Fritos Chicken Enchilada Melt.  Spotted by @ChrisSpahn on Twitter, here’s a peak at the sandwich featuring shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, Monterey cheddar and of course Fritos. […]

24. […] Fritos Chicken Enchilada Melt from Subway has arrived.  First spotted in test markets last summer, the Fritos Chicken Enchilada Melt is now enjoying a wide […]

25. Geoff says:

I tried this in a Northern Az. Subway yesterday and it was awesome! Gonna grab another one today with my gift card when I go to lunch, and if you haters don’t like Subway, why are you on their website?

26. Tiffany says:

I love this sub!!! Wish it was not a limited time item :( I like the flat bread with it as well and all veggies except pickles and cucumbers on this one… :)