King’s Hawaiian Pork & Slaw from Firehouse Subs Returns July 1st

The “Steaming hot 12-hour smoked pulled pork, pepper jack cheese and Hawaiian cole slaw, piled high on King’s Hawaiian bread” concoction known as King’s Hawaiian Pork & Slaw Sandwich from Firehouse Subs is back on July 1st.King's Hawaiian Pork & Slaw

6 comments on “King’s Hawaiian Pork & Slaw from Firehouse Subs Returns July 1st

1. Lancaster says:

Huh. Pork and slaw is a Hawaiian thing? Or is that purely the bread? I’d never seen that combo before moving to CT – there’s a pork and slaw grinder on the menu at Nardelli’s.

2. Scrape says:

Holy crap! I’m going to have to find one of these place and hunt this sangwich down! Now if only my favorite burrito palace would bring back their pork BBQ burrito with the cole slaw, I would be in hog heaven.

3. IowaGal82 says:

Oh man! So jealous if anyone that lives near a Firehouse Subs. That sandwich looks amazing! I’ve never had a pork/slaw combo but I’m dying to try one!

4. Jay says:

Cheese with pulled pork is like ketchup on a hotdog. It just doesn’t work.

(When I say hotdog I’m speaking of a high quality natural casing dog…not Oscar Meyer. Feel free to bury your Oscar Meyer in ketchup)

• Erik says:

Agreed. The mere thought of having pulled pork, or pretty much pork in any form other than ham or bacon, paired with cheese is just downright repulsive.

5. John says:

This is absolutely my favorite chain shop sandwich. Ever, of all time. The first time I had it, I ordered another when I got done to take home for supper.