Cow Appreciation Day Returns to Chick-fil-A on July 12th

Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-A is on Friday, July 12th.  Chick-fil-A will award a free meal (breakfast, lunch or dinner) to any customer who comes in fully dressed as a cow.  Wear a partial cow costume and you’ll get a free entree.  Check out the cow costume starter kit.Cow Appreciation Day Chick-fil-A

10 comments on “Cow Appreciation Day Returns to Chick-fil-A on July 12th

1. M86 says:

I have to give it to Chick-Fil-A, this is a neat idea. Do you have to print out that starter kit, or can you wear your own stuff?

For me, personally, I won’t give Chick-Fil-A any of my business, after seeing the CEO’s recent tweet (which was deleted rather abruptly after posting it), not to mention the past stuff. It won’t make a dent in their bottom line, but as a gay man, seeing the discrimination and the hate hurts, more than those people probably know. I can’t change who I am.

/rant

2. nWo4Life says:

I do not go to this fast-food establishment anymore because doing so would support the biggoted owners, who prefer to spread hate behind the facade of religion.

3. PeterInSantaRosa says:

Cute. Might be nice if Cathy appreciated the – what are they called? – human beings that are part of the communities in which he has so handsomely profited.

Yes, he has a right to his opinion, but as a public figure, expressing his bigotry can have consequences. For me, the response to that is to never, ever, walk through the door of a CFA ever again. By the way, have you noticed that McD’s has a great Southern Style Chicken sandwich – minus the smug, self-deluded condescension?

I fully expect Cathy to appoint Paula Deen as his next spokesperson. Clearly, they both see the world in a way that most of us no longer accept.

4. Jon says:

I wonder if my Halloween costume from last year would count…

5. TheHotToddy23 says:

Great idea, but not for me. Not a fan of the restaurant. Hate is an ugly thing… too many people don’t get that.

6. Raiders757 says:

I have to agree with the comments above me. Dan Cathy is a bigot who gives real Christians a bad reputation in the same way that Michele Bachmann does. That said, this is a free country and they have every right to express their opinion. From a business point of view, it’s not a very smart decision, but never-the-less, it is his right to feel the way that he does.

I won’t boycott CFA though, as I enjoy their chicken sandwich far too much to do so. At the same time, I don’t eat there but a few times a year anymore. It’s a shame the owner can’t keep his mouth shut. Cookout is another openly Christian owned franchise and I have yet to here a peep from their owners on this subject, and that’s the way it should be.

I will say this in CFA’s defense. They are a model of how a truly great fast food chain should be run. Their customer service is second to none no matter the location I’ve been to. I also have fond memories of them back when you could only find them in your local shopping mall, so it was truly a major treat to eat there as a kid. I remember when they had someone stand out in the all and pass out samples. Between them, and Hickory Farms, it was awesome. I could get a little snack before being unleashed in the toy store or record store. I kind of miss those days.

7. Adam says:

I love Chick-Fil-A, especially the fact that the owner isn’t afraid to express his opinions. Too many people these days won’t express their views because it isn’t “politically correct” to do so. As long as the restaurants treat all people fairly and with respect (which they do), the opinions of the owner are merely his own. If you looked at every company owner at all the places you shop, you would quit going to a lot of those places. This world is full of wimps who can’t accept someone holding a different view than their own.

And Chick-Fil-A makes a mean tasty sandwich as well. 😉

8. Jonathan Wayne says:

Chick Fil A is okay food but not good enough for me to support a bigoted, hate filled owner. There are a lot of other options out there to eat at. A true Christian would love and accept everyone, no matter of their creed, color or sexual orientation.

9. RhsRTT says:

^^ Jesus Christ, can you guys just leave politics off this website? We’re talking about fast food. I’m a gay black man who loves chick-fil-a. I also love taco bell, kfc, and pizza hut, all owned by YUM brands. Guess who is a major stock investor in YUM brands? Focus on the family. Damn, I can’t eat anywhere without indirectly supporting hatred towards me. But seriously, if it gets to the point where a liberal gay guy like myself rolls his eyes everytime a comment is made about chick fil a, then you know you’ve become annoying beyond the point of people caring about what you say. hence the low amount of comments on this article, people don’t care.

10. Kevin says:

I always that Eat Mor Chikin ad campaign was odd.