What’s Next For Burger King? Bratwurst Sandwich?

I noticed this on the packaging of my BK Rib Sandwich today.  So with the next dozen menu items at Burger King we could be seeing a Bratwurst Sandwich… and no I don’t live in Germany.Bratwurst Burger King

18 comments on “What’s Next For Burger King? Bratwurst Sandwich?

1. Alex K. says:

Just the idea of that makes my stomach turn.

2. Jay says:

I do love some bratwurst

3. Jonathan Wayne says:

This could actually be good.

4. Sascha says:

I remember McDonald’s having brats on a couple separate occasions a few years back. Of course, since it’s BK I’m sure the floodgates of complainers will arrive shortly.

Just like the rib sandwich, this is something I would try, at least that one time. I’m a bit intrigued as to the onion, cheese and bacon icons on the wrapper.

5. Raiders757 says:

I’ll stick with the ones that come off my grill. There’s no fun in having someone else make them for you.

6. Mike N. says:

That could definately work IF they actually cook the brats in-house rather than getting them pre-cooked (like you you can get in the freezer section at the grocery store) and just heat them up. Does BK still use one of those conveyerbelt flame-broiler things? I wonder if they could put raw brats through there.

• MP says:

Raw bratwurst at BK? It would most definitely have to arrive cooked & frozen. Those things will sit on the grill all day & will be pitch black.

• Mike N. says:

I dunno, if they can handle raw (if frozen) hamburgers they should be able to handle uncooked brats. Not that they actually will, but, it’s not outside the realm of possibility.

• MP says:

Assuming it’s the standard sized bratwurst, it seems like it would take too long to cook for fast food. Tho silly me, they’ll probably cook them beforehand, keep them in a tray of warm water all day & throw it on the grill for a minute when ordered.

7. Paul says:

This actually sounds intriguing. And since it says Bratwurst Sandwhich, it could easily be a pattie like the Johsonville brat burgers. That would be something I’d think BK could actually pull off pretty well.

8. TheHotToddy23 says:

What’s with all the complaining about BK? Okay, they are a bit over-the-top with the new product pipeline, but if you don’t like it don’t eat- that really isn’t a difficult concept. I don’t think their quality is any different than other fast food joint and much like other places, it all depends on the particular restaurant you’re at in terms of food quality and service. Some are good, some aren’t. I also think if you tend to not like a restaurant on the whole you likely won’t like some LTO that restaurant is offering either. I’ve tried a few of the new products over the past few months and some of them are pretty good (the Wisconin White Cheddar was fantastic although not necessarily an out-of-this-world concept by any stretch). I give BK credit for going against the norm and bringing customers a lot of new things to try even if they sometimes seem as though they’re a little behind everone else.

• MP says:

It used to be better. A LOT better. In fact I liked BK over McD’s & Wendy’s. But since the late 1990s, they have regressed at an appalling rate. Smaller & thinner patties, white lettuce, crummy fries, mediocre chicken, greasy tacos. I don’t care about coffee, smoothies or cinnamon rolls. And this isn’t just according to me – BK is way down in its popularity – that used to be #2. If you don’t have the perspective, then you’re not going to understand.

9. Matt says:

Back in the day when I was growing up, Bob Evans made bratwurst patties (and I think they still do) and my father grilled them up along with burgers in the summer because he didn’t want to buy two types of buns. They were very good with Swiss cheese, Gulden’s mustard and some onion.

But I’m sure that wherever BK gets their bratwurst patties, they won’t be nearly as good. BK has been terrible for years now and they will mess this up somehow.

10. Donna says:

They test marketed this in FL and it was really good. They told us it would be on the summer menu, but it never was. Wish they would actually add it to the menu. It was worth the price.

11. MP says:

I just saw a BK commercial for this on TV. Apparently it’s a Johnsonville brat sliced in half, served on a long bun with mustard & onions.

12. […] Grub Grade’s Bratwurst Sandwich post […]