BK Rib Sandwich coming to Burger King locations Next Week

Remember when Burger King came out with Fire-Grilled Ribs?  Well the latest from BK isn’t too much of a stretch as it’s just a BBQ rib sandwich called the BK Rib Sandwich.  The soon-to-be McRib rival will feature a BBQ rib patty, a sweet bread and butter pickles.  The BK Summer Menu goes nationwide next week.Burger King Rib SandwichAlong with the BK Rib Sandwich we’ll see a new BBQ Chicken Salad and Buffalo Chicken Strips.  The Memphis BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich will make its return and bring with it the Carolina BBQ Whopper and Carolina BBQ Tendercrisp Chicken Sandwich.BK BBQ Chicken SaladRounding out the summer menu, you’ll be seeing Sweet Potato Fries back on the menu and Frozen Lemonade and Frozen Strawberry Lemonade.  Burger King BBQOn the dessert side of things there will be a Chunky Cookie, Oreo Hand Spun Shake and Oreo Sundae.  Wait… no Bacon Sundae? Burger King OREO shake

19 comments on “BK Rib Sandwich coming to Burger King locations Next Week

1. Mary says:

Not going back until they bring back the Wisconsin Cheddar Whopper. That was the best thing to ever come out of BK for as long as I can remember.

2. BigBelly says:

yuk, doesn’t look or sound appetizing to me, glad to hear sweet potato fries are coming back though!
    I hope they leave the chipotle tendercrisp sandwich on the menu, that’s a tasty one right there

3. TJ says:

I think BK marketing deserves some credit for this one… I know a few people who love the McRib, I don’t see what they have to lose for trying to copy it.

4. Chris says:

Not using dill pickles is a huge misstep.

5. Alex K. says:

The best thing BK’s ever had was the Firecracker Tendercrisp … no idea WHY they ever got rid of it. The sauce was outstanding. This just looks disgusting… mmm. PIG SCRAPS.

6. Jas says:

What took BK so long given the success of the McRib?

7. MikeD says:

BK = Lemming (10 years behind).

8. Sascha says:

Doesn’t look as good as the McRib but I’ll try it once. Very happy to see the Carolina BBQ is back, wish the Bacon Sundae would be back too.

9. al says:

they have ran out of ideas.. watever.

10. rob says:

I am waiting for them to add the Big Mic to the menu

11. Kevin says:

Who is approving Burger King ideas and why

12. [...] Next Burger King ramps up it’s competition against McDonalds with the new BK Rib Sandwich. Where McDonalds has the catchier names, BK just gets their digs in. According to GrubGrade.com [...]

13. MP says:

Fix the burgers first.

14. The McRib is a fast food sin. A really good sin.

15. Josh says:

BK is just totally lost and throw a 100 ideas at the wall and see what sticks. Most fail so just another attempt to copy another McD staple. They will fail again. What a poor excuse for a rest chain

16. Brent says:

When I was in high school and even in college (1998-2006) I really enjoyed BK, but dang it’s been sharp down hill ever since. I think the first mistake was those stupid chicken fries. After that the burgers got smaller, the fries started coming in those stupid pod containers, and they now introduce 2000 new menu items a month trying to find the magic bullet. Just stop and go back to basics. Until they do that I’m not eating there.

17. Jonathan Wayne says:

People love the disgusting McRib, so why not. I won’t be trying it. And to the first commenter, yeah, the Wisconsin Cheddar Whopper was good.

18. Frank O says:

The oreo stuff looks good.. and frozen lemonade, will probably swing through and try one.. at least..