Krystal Introduces the New Philly Cheese Krystal

Who doesn’t love a good cheese steak? For a limited time, Krystal is offering a taste of Philadelphia with the new Philly Cheese Krystal.  The Philly Cheese Krystal takes your standard Krystal slider and adds grilled peppers, onions and cheese.  Get 4 Philly Cheese Krystal Combo with medium fry and medium drink for $5.79.Philly Cheese Krystal

And here’s the TV spot:

9 comments on “Krystal Introduces the New Philly Cheese Krystal

1. Frank O says:

For some reason Krystal’s felt the need to top these with mayonnaise, you can see it in the pics, and a friend of mine got a couple and there was a pretty thick coat of the stuff. No idea why they’d add it, but be warned its there.

• Rusty Shackleford says:

I just grabbed some of these, and I don’t think that’s mayonnaise. I beleive it’s just some sort of melted cheese. One of the descriptions I found says it has “melted white cheese” on it.

• Zachary Jacob Zblewski says:

Isn’t the “melted white cheese” on top of the burger patty?

• Rusty Shackleford says:

Indeed there is a square of cheese on the patty, but I assumed they had added a glob of more viscous cheese to the peppers to try and simulate an “authentic” cheese steak. I have a leftover one in front of me, and honestly can’t identify what the hell this white stuff is. Doesn’t taste like mayo.. just like pimento cheese, I assume from sitting on the peppers so long.

• Frank O says:

Ok, I could be wrong then, didn’t see them myself, just a friend mentioned she’d tried them and knowing how much I dislike mayonnaise mentioned that the ones she got had it on them.. I’ll reserve judgment until I can try some myself.

2. Jay says:

For some reason every Krystal I see is dirty.

3. MP says:

Wish White Castle would do this. Years ago I suggested a few times a Melt slider – on a rye bun with nacho cheese. Tho I gave up trying since baking rye buns would be too complicated for their business model & most likely would have to be flown in.

4. MP says:

$3.99 for 3 with fries & a soda isn’t bad. White Castles sliders are .69 cents, cheese is .86 cents, the cheapest fry is like $1.79. Their fries used to be finger-sized but now are pencil-sized.