Buy One McDonald’s McWrap, Get Another for 99 cents

For a limited time starting Monday, May 6th, participating McDonald’s locations will have a McWrap BOGO deal.  Buy One McWrap, Get One for 99 cents.  I spotted this promo via TV ads in the DC Metro area market.  If you know your regional market promotion, let us know in the comments.  $3.99 for one McWrap is the regular price, so two for $5 is a great deal if you can find it. McWrap

24 comments on “Buy One McDonald’s McWrap, Get Another for 99 cents

1. samantha says:

I like the McWrap, but every time I order one the McWrap package tears through the bag the rest of my food is in. Does that happen to anyone else??

• mike says:

Mcwraps are laid flat in a large C bag..If an employee hands you one in a smaller bag it means they were trained improperly. thats why it rips through the bag

2. Scrape says:

Sounds like they aren’t doin’ too well to have such a huge promotion so soon after the initial roll out deals.

3. BigBelly says:

I’m confused, wouldn’t it be 2 for $4?

• Sascha says:

I suppose that depends on their regular price in your area. Here, and I suppose where Ryan lives, one goes for $3.99. Adding a 2nd for a buck would make them 2 for $5.

• jrdunn says:

nope buy one for 4$ get second for .99cents. Actually It would be 4.98 plus tax

4. Chris J says:

I think this is proof the McWrap isn’t selling well.

2 promo specials within the first months of launch isn’t looking good. The angus burgers didn’t get this many deals at launch, but sold extremely well.

• mike says:

They had prescheduled 5 different promotions for the mcwrap before launch and the egg white delights had 6 (3 in coupon form) in our area we knew abouts months before product arrived

5. Sascha says:

This is already the 2nd big price promotion for these, I wonder if they’re not selling well at $4 a pop. It’s a quality product, at least it was for $2 a few weeks ago, 2 for $5 might get me to take the little lady out for another.

6. rich says:

Still too expensive in my opinion.

• Sascha says:

Now that’s just crazy. $2.50 a piece for a quality product like this is most certainly not too pricey. I don’t know where you would get a similar product at that price. $4 dollars is a debatable topic, I certainly don’t think I’ll ever pay full price for them.

7. Alex K. says:

I may have to take advantage of this … I had the sweet chili McWrap a few weeks ago and thought it was awesome. Nice size, reasonable amount of calories, and not too expensive.

$5 for two is a phenomenal deal.

8. Jonathan Wayne says:

I really like these wraps. $2.50 is where they should be.

9. Roger C. says:

McDonald’s needs to focus on making their food edible again. I don’t know what is going on with it. It’s the worst of all the chains now. No taste. What happened?

10. Tim Bow says:

This promotion is what is called a “rehit”. McWrap has exceeded all forecasts, and this promotion was decided upon months ago, before the rollouts. This is about getting the McWrap into even more hands. This is a classic McDonald’s power move folks.

11. JF says:

I tried a McWrap when they first came out and thought it was great. Not big on wraps, but tasted good and was filling. I do think the $3.99 price point is a little high, but this deal is a great value.

I have to agree with others, that another deal so soon after launch doesn’t seem to be a good sign. Not sure how well (or not so well) they are selling. Maybe people just don’t to McDonald’s for a (somewhat) healthier meal and/or anything aside from a burger or chicken sandwich.

I do hope these stick around and maybe they just decide to drop the price a bit to make it more appealing.

I’m sure I’ll take advantage of this in the next few days.

12. rondoman says:

I tried them a few weeks back when they were on sale for $1.99 a piece. I got the ranch one in grilled and crispy and I have to say I didnt finish either and ended up throwing over half of the grilled wrap away.

I just didnt think it tasted good at all. No flavor or anything, just texture. I would not buy these if they were 99 cents a piece. I’d rather have a chicken salad at McD’s which I actaully think are pretty good.

13. TS says:

$3.99 is way too much for these, but $2 is obviously too low per the last promotion. If these were $3 I think they would sell a lot better…hell the meal for this is over $6 almost $7 with tax. You can get way better food and more food at a real restaurant for the same price or less.

14. Rick says:

Saw the ad for this (I’m in the DC market as well) – The ad was for buy one get one for 99 cents OR fries+drink for 99 cents. I thought it was interesting that they tried marketing these with fries, haven’t seen them mentioned in the ads until today.

15. Tebow says:

This promotion has nothing to do with poor sales, these launch promotions were decided market by market back in Feb. sales are beating expectations by far and $3.99 regular prices is a great value for a high quality product.

• Jonathan Wayne says:

As stated, I like them but how can you make a definitive statement like that saying they are a hit when it is coming off a $1.99 promotion and also coming into this deal and it is new. Clearly those numbers would be skewed. I want to see sales for at least 6 months after there are no promotions, at full price, that will tell me if it is truly a hit.

If I took $100,000 Porsches and priced them at $50,000, I bet they would be a hit too.

16. Sascha says:

Well, I’m eating my words. Went to McDonald’s today (son’s school was raising funds there), they don’t have this offer, and I decided to pay full price for the Sweet Chili. It was damn good too.