Subway Featured Five Dollar Footlong for May is Meatball Marinara

The featured Five Dollar Footlong at Subway this month is the Meatball Marinara.  Customize it any way you want… but how does one customize a Meatball Marinara sub?  If you were my friend Joel from Liberia, you’d add ham, turkey and pepperoni to it.  First timer… still makes me laugh.Meatball Marinara Subway

8 comments on “Subway Featured Five Dollar Footlong for May is Meatball Marinara

1. TBT says:

Add olives. Sometimes green peppers or jalapenos. Only acceptable mods in my opinion.

2. maxchain says:

Ugh, it used to just be that much until, what, a couple years ago?

3. Suse says:

It is still a $5 sub at my subway. It is really high in fat and sodium. Last one I had way too much cartilage bits.

4. J.J. says:

The creative types can basically turn anything into a $5 footlong. Add this, subtract this, etc. Our local sandwich experts play along well.

5. Jay says:

The comment about your friend made me laugh. I was sitting in bed doing some work on my laptop one day while the wife had a tv show on featuring some small child from the south (sorry..maybe somebody recognizes and can tell me the name of the show). Anyway, the kids family is at a bbq restaurant and she orders some type of smoked meat and the mom asks her what she wants for sides. She proceeds to name two other types of smoked meat. Her mom tells her she can’t do that and she says…”why can’t my sides be meat?”.

Amen and amen.

6. Raye Peneber says:

Yeah, meatball used to be a 5$ about a year and a half ago.

I remember one year they had a meatball+ pepperoni for 5$.

I had a chubby friend in highschool who used to put bacon+pep+salami on the meatball. I wonder how he’s doing now. Time to lurk facebook.