New Appetizers and the Return of the 5 Alarm Burger to Red Robin

Back by popular demand at Red Robin is the 5 Alarm Burger… “a scorching combination of spicy Pepper Jack cheese, jalapeños, fresh tangy salsa and chipotle aioli.” 5 Alarm BurgerAlong with the return of an old favorite, Red Robin has debuted a new set of specially priced appetizers.Red Robin AppetizersHere’s the rundown:

$3 Appetizers:

• New! Classic Mini Wedge Salad – This new appetizer includes savory Bleu cheese crumbles, bacon bits, onion straws, diced tomatoes and ranch.
  • New! Yukon Chips & French Onion Dip – A new chip and dip combo sure to please those looking for some crunch, these freshly made Yukon kettle chips are served warm with creamy French onion dip.

$5 Appetizers:

• New size! The O-Ring Shorty – A new, shorter version of Red Robin’s famous onion ring tower – the perfect preface to a burger.
  • New! Bar Wings ‘n’ Yukon Chips (1/2 order) – Tossed in either Buzzard or Island-Style Maui sauce and served on a bed of crunchy Yukon kettle chips.

13 comments on “New Appetizers and the Return of the 5 Alarm Burger to Red Robin

1. Justin says:

I wish they’d bring back that Mount Olympus Burger with the spinach dip, bacon, and feta on it. Probably the best thing I’ve ever had from Red Rob. The location near my house switched to the new “transformation” menu, with burgers on the plates. Best thing? The Royal now has a sunny-side up egg on it!

2. Bob Smith says:

How do jalapeños qualify as “5 alarm”, especially when they’re pickled (I don’t see a chain like RR offering fresh ones)?

• Dan says:

RR has always used fresh jalapenos. They aren’t the soaked in juice ones you’ll find at most places.

• Matt says:

They ARE fresh, not pickled. RR switched from pickled to fresh about 3 years ago.

• Dan says:

Actually, RR does use fresh jalapenos. If you look closer at the burger, you can see that the jalapenos are a brighter green than the ones you would typically find.

3. OFP says:

While I think it’s hardly five alarm, I do generally enjoy some of Red Robin’s offerings, they are pretty tasty… I just wish the one in my area wasn’t so far away… all in all that’s probably a good thing actually! 😀

4. Stahi says:

I’m uber-glad the pretzel bites remained on the regular menu. They’re amaaaaaaazing.

5. Brad says:

Don’t get me wrong, RRs food is pretty tasty for sure. I just find it hard to justify some of the prices when I can throw in a couple extra bucks and get a nice steak dinner. Also, I was just on their website checking some other prices and 5$ for a short stack of onion rings (as you mentioned) and 9$ for a tall stack? For onion rings?

6. Steven says:

Red Robin is fine for a sit down burger chain but way way overpriced. Especially up here for Alaska. I like the burgers but $13 for burgers and fries is just way too expensive.

7. Kortana says:

When did the “5 alarm” go away? That’s the only burger I’ve ever ordered from RR. Had it as late as 8 months ago, and as recently as 3 weeks ago.