McDonald’s Breakfast All Day?

I saw this video on The Huffington Post and The Nosh Show discussion about breakfast all day came to mind.  Sonic does it… Jack in the Box does it… is McDonald’s next?  The question of breakfast all day is presented at the end of the video.  Would you want a McGriddles for lunch?

24 comments on “McDonald’s Breakfast All Day?

1. Anne Sutton says:

Yes! Yes! Yes! Breakfast for lunch, breakfast for dinner! Eggs, bacon and biscuits all the time from Mc Donald’s!

2. J.J. says:

Would love the option. Even just for the times when I show up at 10:45 and breakfast is gone.

3. Esther says:

I’d totally jump on the chance for an egg mcmuffin at any time of the day

4. Sherry says:

I would be willing to pay extra for a sausage egg mcmuffin after breakfast hours. I’m not even awake before noon most days, I can’t get up for before 10:30 breakfast!

5. Adam Bomb says:

I wish more fast food joints would offer the lunch/dinner menu all day. I get off work at 7am. In my area, Arby’s and Steak ‘n Shake are the only places that offer their whole menu in the morning.

• Steven says:

Actually most fast food places serve the full menu in the morning too along with the Breakfast menu. They just usually don’t advertise or have the menu signs up till after Breakfast is over.

• Chipster22 says:

That has not been my experience. I’m not much of a breakfast person and the only places know of that serve their lunch menu before 10:30 or so are Subway, Big Boy, and Arbys.

• TJ says:

It’s been a little while since I’ve been there for breakfast, but Burger King used to have the Whopper as one of their advertised value menus for breakfast out here… I believe it was the last combo number, and it said something like “Breakfast Whopper”. I’m pretty sure their whole menu was available in addition to that, but I usually preferred to get a croissant.

6. Susan Christy says:

Oh yea! Sausage Biscuit with Cheese, please!

7. Bob Smith says:

McGriddles? No. Sausage biscuits? Heck yea.

8. T.J. says:

Yes, please. Never understood their refusal to do so. Seems like they can only make money.

9. Craig Russell says:

BUT you know why that havent been able to up til now? Different temps on the grill from Breakfast and Lunch. Thats what the 10:30 cutoff is for during the week. Maybe with the new grill setups they could pull it off..I for one would be there all the time. :)

• MP says:

Hmmm – higher or lower on the breakfast temps? I’m going to guess “lower”.
      I would have thought the lack of breakfast all day was a prepping station thing or space issue as well.

10. maxchain says:

I guess I’d get a hash brown at 11am just to be like “Yeah. Take that.”

11. Herdy says:

I’d love to see a Jack in the Box approach. Full menu 24/7

12. TJ says:

If McDonald’s stopped selling anything but value burgers and chicken sandwiches, nuggets, fries, drinks… and breakfast all day, they would jump to my favorite fast food place easily. I agree with past posters, they could even charge more for their breakfast sandwiches and I wouldn’t care much.

13. Plather Wrynne says:

I would like to be able to wake up late, hungover on a saturday and get breakfast at 1:00, 2:00 pm.
    What I would like even more is tge return of the chicken biscuit breakfast sandwich with cheese!

14. Stephen says:

Yes, please! I would love a McGriddle for lunch. The main reason why I don’t eat breakfast at the Big 3 is because I can’t make it to them early enough on most days.

15. alan rodriguez says:

what is up with the whole brekfast thing? i dont get it i never eat bfast… and while they serve a pretty god mufffin it doesnt seeem cinvinient to have all day… let em have it

16. Mary says:

The hours when they serve breakfast are too limited. They don’t have to serve breakfast all day but they need to stretch their hours a bit. Have breakfast available up to Noon and start serving breakfast alongside dinner beginning at Midnight. I also think they need to start serving lunch/dinner at 10am. Sometimes I am craving a burger but they will still be serving breakfast and it gets kinda annoying, especially on weekends when they don’t serve lunch until 11.

17. Roger says:

I think it’s highly unlikely this will happen anytime soon. It’s been discussed but there are so many issues in the kitchen to make this happen. I could see it happening some day but nothing more than a test market here or there in the next couple of years would be my thoughts