Glazed Donut Breakfast Sandwich from Dunkin’ Donuts

News of the Glazed Donut Breakfast Sandwich from Dunkin’ Donuts has been circulating the web over the last few weeks and ahecht, a Grub Scout,  recently sent me some pics to drool over.Donut Breakfast Sandwich DunkinI was wondering if the Glazed Donut Breakfast Sandwich is something you guys would be interested in trying.  To pay homage to the inaugural episode of The Nosh Show this week… let’s do a little web version of Interested/Not Interested.Dunkin Doughnut Breakfast SandwichWhat do you think?  Is the Glazed Donut Breakfast Sandwich just a gimmicky attempt to stir up attention or do you think a donut as bread is an innovative idea?  Discussion time!Donut Breakfast Sandwich

17 comments on “Glazed Donut Breakfast Sandwich from Dunkin’ Donuts

1. Nick Rovo says:

I’m very interested to be honest. not sure if I’m in a test market for another one of their sandwiches seeing as we now have an eggs benedict sandwich at my local dd. Can’t find much about it online but I did find a description “For an indulgent and tasty twist on a breakfast classic, Dunkin’ Donuts is also serving up the new Eggs Benedict Breakfast Sandwich, packing Black Forest Ham, a Pepper Fried Egg and creamy Hollandaise Spread on an English muffin.” Hollandaise and fast food don’t mix for me.

• ahecht says:

That concept doesn’t sound bad, but the real problem in that description is the “Pepper Fried Egg” part. The “Pepper Fried Egg” in the glazed donut sandwich kinda looked like a fried egg, but it had no egg or pepper flavor whatsoever, and even worse it had an insubstantial spongy texture. I guess that’s the problem with selling eggs in a restaurant that has no way to cook food other than a microwave and a toaster. In my opinion, what makes eggs benedict (or even an Egg McMuffin) work is the slightly chewy/creamy texture of the egg, and Dunkin Donuts can’t get there without a major kitchen remodel.

2. Mayor Gloomsberg says:

There is one hufe advantage to why this is good for customers: no more buying a coffee, sandwich/bagel, AND a sweet/donut.
    You no longer need to buy a donut and your sweet and savory cravings will be satisfied.
    +1 for the 99% who cant afford an extra donut.

3. Matt says:

Yes! Sounds awesome. I love a Sausage McGriddle and the whole sweet/savory combination so this is right up my alley. To be honest I would probably be OK with cheese on here too.

4. Rebeka says:

Sorry to say not interested at all!

5. Jon says:

Id try it – im a huge fan of the sweet and salty/savory (chocolate covered bacon? mmm). Not THAT far of a leap when you compare it to stuff like the McGriddle…which is also pretty amazing.

• ahecht says:

It basically is a much sweeter McGriddle, although the donut is a lot lighter and fluffier than the McGriddle “pancake”. When I ordered mine, the cashier also helpfully pointed out that it has less calories than getting the sandwich on a bagel or croissant.

6. Eric says:

Hmmm…..not interested. Sweet doughnut and savory bacon/sausage just does not sound appealing in the least bit.

7. Not My Real Name says:

We have the Eggs Benedict at my shop. They sell great. Its not too bad, but not really “Hollandaise” :(

At least we no longer do the Burittos ;)

8. Alice says:

I would so eat this. Only problem is, they did it wrong. The doughnut should be glaze side down (as in, glaze side facing the inside ingredients) so that you’re holding the doughy part. That way your fingers don’t get all glazey!

9. Jade says:

Not sure about an egg with a sweet element – but I’d definitely eat the sausage donut sandwich without the egg.

10. James says:

The Luther Burger never interested me, as most novelty food items don’t, so no, not interested at all.

11. mike says:

I’m usually down with the sweet/savory combination, but a glazed donut seems too sweet and the addition of egg makes it sound, well, unsavory.

12. Eric says:

I’ve had a few Luther Burgers (with bacon) that I’ve loved each time and I’ve also had a grilled Krispy Kreme donut stuffed with wild hog bacon that was delicious (food truck near me does that one). I’m definitely interested in trying this.

13. Sam says:

I am interested, if only because it’s something new. Not sure if I’d try it more than once, though.

14. shelly says:

looks great to me, they sdould do one that is just a donut, no glaze then it wouldn’t be so sweet, but have a great texture for bread.

15. Muu Muu says:

This looks like hangover heaven.