New Key Lime Doughnuts at Krispy Kreme

Krispy Kreme has been reading my mind.  I’m a big fan of Key Lime flavored desserts and Krispy Kreme has just launched a couple of new Key Lime doughnuts.  Key Lime Cake and Key Lime Cheesecake doughnuts available for a limited time.

Summer sweetness is now in season with our two new sun-kissed and handpicked Key Lime treats.  Key Lime Cake: Key lime cake doughnut topped with key lime cream cheese icing and a KREME dollop.  Key Lime Cheesecake: Filled with key lime cheesecake, topped with key lime cream cheese icing and graham cracker crust crumbles.

Key Lime Krispy Kreme

9 comments on “New Key Lime Doughnuts at Krispy Kreme

1. Jay says:

I’ve had these..not bad but I prefer the lemon curd filled.

• Ray says:

The lemon filled ARE the best! Especially from Krispy Kreme, where they use a glazed donut instead of the powdered type at other places.

On a related note, the coconut cream donuts (limited edition) at Sheetz are pretty awesome.

2. Mike N. says:

Hey Ryan, like someone else mentioned earlier, I’m not getting updates on the main GG page; the post about the Twitter feed is the first post on the main page. I’m using IE9 and have cleared the cache and all that…

Anyway, the doughnuts look tasty, just in time for summer! I don’t think I’ve ever had a non-original glazed Krispy Kreme.

• Tyler M says:

I was having the same problem on Chrome. I cleared my history and everything and it started to work as normal.

• Raiders757 says:

I’m using Firefox, which is set to clear my history every time I log off, and it not working right for me at all. I don’t even know if my posts show up anymore either, as they don’t appear on my end. I got a message on Facebook to check my browser settings, but my settings are the same as they were when the site worked as normal for me. I do use Ghostery and Add Block Plus, but I’ve been using both of them with no issues for quite some time now.

3. AhiruAhiru says:

I had the cake doughnut (not the filled), and it was underwhelming. I couldn’t taste any lime or cheesecake whatsoever in the icing- it tasted the same as most of their other glazed icings. Too bad. I’m still looking forward to trying the filled version!

4. J says:

Maybe I’m just not big on doughnuts but a tart, acidic doughnut sounds disgusting.

5. Stephen says:

Yes, exactly. The key lime taste was too weak to do the doughnuts any justice. The dollop of semi-soft flavorless Kreme would be better served as a dollop of meringue, or maybe even whipped cream?

The “cheesecake” version uses the same off-flavor sandy crumbles as all of their other cheesecake-ified doughnuts.

Yawn.

6. […] Kreme Pie Doughnuts is currently featuring two classic pie flavors with Key Lime Pie (returning) and new Caramel Dutch Apple Pie Doughnuts.  The doughnuts are available now through May 18 at […]