Egg White Delight from McDonald’s Comes Out Monday… Excited?

The new Egg White Delight from McDonald’s is coming out on Monday, April 22nd and it’s time for a reader poll to measure the interest level.Egg White Delight from McDonald'sA new breakfast sandwich is a big deal when it’s a new spin on an old favorite.  The 260-calorie Egg White Delight will feature a whole grain muffin, Canadian bacon, white cheddar cheese and of course, a yolk-free egg. Are you looking forward to the Egg White Delight?

14 comments on “Egg White Delight from McDonald’s Comes Out Monday… Excited?

1. Anna says:

I tried one today in Texas….pretty good, better to me than a regular Egg McMuffin.

2. Chris says:

My McDonalds started it yesterday, to me it’s ok but I missed the egg yolk to be honest.

3. Karen says:

Tried it Friday and it was ok, not great, but ok. I like the calorie factor.

4. Chefprotoss says:

Don’t care. Maybe that’s just me.

• JF says:

Not just you. We might not care for the same reasons, but in regard to my other response, when I got to a fast food place, it’s not looking for a healthy meal. The exact opposite.

And I do tend to eat egg whites (at home) because they last much longer than regular eggs. And since I don’t eat eggs all that often, I tend to waste much less. And when you add bacon, ketchup, cheese, etc. you really can’t taste the difference.

5. Manavee says:

I tried one today. I got the white cheddar, but unfortunately once I bit into the egg, there definitely was yolk inside. Very BurgerKingesque of McDonalds. Hopefully, this won’t be a taste of things to come with McD’s rumored to be ramping up there LTOs like BK has been doing.

6. Kiki says:

I got a coupon book for that had deals for the egg white delight, McCafe items and McWraps so I’ll definitely be using them. Also my local store had a happy hour on McCafe items as a buy one get one 2-5… I suppose to compete with Sonic and Taco Bell next door.

7. JF says:

Maybe just me, but if I decide to eat at a fast food place, I am not looking for anything healthy. Let’s be honest, while some places might have “healthier” options, they are still loaded with sodium, etc. and not the best food for you. So if I was going to go to McDonalds for an Egg McMuffin, I’d get the regular, not an egg white version.

I do applaude them for trying, and maybe this will last awhile, possibly be a permanent menu item, but I don’t see most people choosing this over the standard version, nor do I see this drawing customers who otherwise would not eat there.

Only time will tell to see if this is a hit or miss.

• TJ says:

I generally agree with you, but there are times when it’s nice to have a slightly healthier option… when you’re on a road trip for example and the driver insists on stopping for fast food often, sometimes you feel like something a little less heavy. When I want to eat fast food as a convenient, quick option for myself once in a while, I tend to not care so much about how healthy it is.

8. Justin says:

Being in the Atlanta area, I’ve had access to these for months. It finally happened the other day: I rolled in fully expecting to have a hankering for the classic Egg McMuffin I grew up on, but instead I found myself more interested in getting the Egg White Delight. I like them just as much, they’re a little better for me and they actually fill me up more.

9. TJ says:

I’m definitely right in the middle as far as the poll goes. I’m curious because I think McD’s does a pretty good job with breakfast, but far from excited for this particular sandwich. If I could substitute bacon or sausage for the Canadian bacon, I’d definitely try one… I know that makes the sandwich more unhealthy and somewhat defeats the purpose, but I’m just not really concerned with calories etc. at the moment.

10. rob says:

Nasty looking thing

11. Matt says:

I think I’m more looking forward to trying the egg whites on a McGriddle than I am the Egg White Delight.

12. Josh says:

TJ, you can get the egg white on any sandwich you want along with the white cheddar cheese. These are very good and the lower calories is awesome and you don’t lose the flavor. McD hit a home run here