Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Tacos Available Today If You Ask

Reminder: Taco Bell’s long awaited Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Tacos are now available.  You’re unlikely to see posters up on the Taco Bell windows or the Cool Ranch option on the menu board, but just ask.  Thursday, March 7th is the official release date. Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Tacos March 6

10 comments on “Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Tacos Available Today If You Ask

1. My local Taco Bell apparently has not heard about the change. They still quoted me the 7th as the availability date when I ate there for lunch today.

2. Mike N. says:

Is it safe to assume the original nacho Locos taco will still be available? I wonder how they’re selling now that they’ve been around a while.

• Ryan says:

They’re selling very well. The original is not on any kind of limited time only run, but I’m not entirely sure about the Cool Ranch version.

3. rightclue says:

same thing. I had to ask for the manager. The manager said: “Invitations were sent out. You must have an invitation in order to get it today.”

Then I pulled out my smartphone and showed them this blog and the picture above.

The manager still did not relent.

Such is the reality of franchises…

4. MP says:

People can’t wait one more day? Not worth the hassle. I’ve noticed fast food places can’t handle order substitutions & rarely know about deals or promotions unless it’s posted in the window. I doubt headquarters send out emails to managers & I doubt even more the managers check their emails in time. I know nobody wants to be there so I make my order as simple as possible.

5. Alex K. says:

I got one and posted a review on my blog… it’s brief, but it doesn’t need to be long. Click my name to read it.

If you don’t want to read it, I gave it a 3.5/5. Like the original DLT, drastically over-hyped.

6. Joe says:

I just plowed through 4 of them at the Germantown, MD TB. They are good, but I’m mildly disappointed with the flavor of the new shell (not enough Cool Ranch taste). The regular Loco Taco Doritos shells are much more pronounced from a flavor standpoint.

-joe

7. Peter says:

I got two of them from my local Taco Bell. They are pretty good! Maybe not as good as the Nacho Cheese, but they’re good.

8. Adam says:

I was lucky enough to have these in my area for a while now, and I found them to be my favorite of the Doritos Locos Tacos, even more so than the Flamas ones. They are a lot better with sour cream on them for some reason.