A Look at the McDonald’s McWrap

Before I get to a full review of the new McWraps from McDonald’s, I thought I’d share some initial impressions on my first taste.  I just tried the Chicken & Bacon McWrap and I’ve included some pictures for you. McWrap PackageIt’s a $3.99 wrap, but it’s a good-sized meal in itself.  The packaging is pretty innovative and handy for grubbing on the go.  I had a little trouble once I got to the end of the wrap, but all in all, great packaging.McWrap from McDonald'sThere’s a little too much tortilla in the first 3 bites, but it balances out after that.  The combination of chicken, bacon, cheese etc. is a no-brainer combo that most will be drawn to.  There’s a creamy garlic sauce that I figured was ranch because I have the palate sophistication of a raccoon.  I’m looking forward to trying the Sweet Chili Chicken and the Chicken & Ranch and giving you a complete consensus of the new McWraps.McDonald's Chicken McWrapHave you had the McDonald’s McWrap yet?  What do you think?  The wraps range from 360 to 600 calories, depending on how the customer chooses to customize it – grilled or crispy chicken. As of now, there are 3 different wraps:

• Chicken & Bacon includes grilled or crispy chicken breast filet with bacon, two half slices of tomato, spring greens, shredded lettuce and cheddar jack cheese, all drizzled with a creamy garlic sauce wrapped in a 10-inch warm flour tortilla. (440-600 calories)
  • Sweet Chili Chicken includes grilled or crispy chicken breast filet, crisp cucumber slices, spring greens, shredded lettuce, sweet chili, and cheddar jack cheese, all drizzled with creamy garlic sauce and wrapped in a 10-inch warm flour tortilla. (360-520 calories)
  • Chicken & Ranch includes grilled or crispy chicken breast filet, with two half slices of tomato, cucumber slices, spring greens, shredded lettuce and cheddar jack cheese, all drizzled with seasoned rice vinegar and buttermilk ranch sauce 10-inch warm flour tortilla. (430-590 calories)

12 comments on “A Look at the McDonald’s McWrap

1. Jrdunn says:

Trying he sweet chili this weekend loved the sauce so im looking forward to it

2. IBeAnonymous says:

Ryan, is there a way we could get bigger pictures when we click on the picture you have embedded?

That would be great on some of these new products, especially to see the instructions on the new packaging that you said was really useful for eating this.

Also would be great to get a bigger view of the embedded image in some other posts like the Taco Bell post just below this post with the Taquitos!

3. Alex K. says:

Sweet Chili Chicken sounds compelling … may get one next time I go to McDonald’s.

4. Zack Swiderski says:

I had all varieties several months ago, here in Chicago. I guess we were a test market.

Sweet Chilli was the best flavoured. The only problem was some McDonald’s did not use the premium type lettuce and vegetables. They would just stuff them with cheese and iceberg lettuce.

When they were made correctly, they were excellent. Especially the grilled chicken variety. I did not care for the crispy chicken.

5. mike says:

had the sweet chili one last night. It was pretty good, the garlic dressing mixed well with the sweet chili sauce. the cucumber slices were refreshing, I was looking forward to taking bites that contained cucumber by the end of it. Much bigger than I expected it to be, so I felt like the price was justified. My wrap was sort of opened up at the top, so there wasn’t the problem of my first few bites being all wrap. overall it’s pretty solid, a lot better than the regular snack wrap.

6. Jonathan Wayne says:

The sweet chili is the only one I am interested in. My brother had one the other day, forgot which one, but he did not seem impressed when I asked him about it. If it is as big as it looks it might be a decent value.

7. Ljay says:

Quality of ingredients not withstanding, that actually looks like a pretty good deal for $3.99 (from a volume perspective at least).

I find the cucumber interesting enough to consider trying one.

For those who have had the Sweet Chili Chicken variety, should I order that with extra cucumber?

8. CB says:

How long until BK comes out with a copycat version?

9. SmoledMan says:

I just go to World of Wraps instead.

10. Kyo-Chan says:

So is that creamy garlic sauce ranch or mayo? I hate both but if its like garlic cream for cooking i’m all in.

11. JF says:

I’ve never bought a wrap from a fast food place, but have made them at home and like them. I appreciate the first look, so to speak, and looking forward to your more in depth review. I think I might actually give this a try. Thinking about the Sweet Chili one. I really do like that sauce with McNuggets so hopefully it will be tasty!

12. mark says:

What is the deal wth McDonalds adding a fatty garlic sauce to these?
    Why add the calories? When I first saw what was on it, I had tried one with just the Sweet Chili sauce. Curious I wanted to try it with the garlic sauce.

How disappointing. The garlic sauce ruins the sweet chili sauce and dominates . It takes away the fresh tastes and you can not even taste the cucumber when they add this sauce. It also takes away the small amount of kick the sweet chili sauce had.

Oh and it has ZERO garlic taste.
    Do yourself a favor, leave off the fatty garlic cream sauce, it will ruin your experience.