Coming Soon: Flatbread Grilled Chicken from Wendy’s

The latest from Wendy’s coming next week (March 26) is the Flatbread Grilled Chicken. The new product will be available in Asiago Ranch ($3.99 srp) and Smoky Honey Mustard ($3.49 srp) flavors. More details coming. Follow us on Twitter for updates from the Wendy’s test kitchen.Wendy's Asiago Ranch Flatbread

22 comments on “Coming Soon: Flatbread Grilled Chicken from Wendy’s

1. Dave says:

McDonalds had a “Grilled Chicken Flatbread” sandwich at one time, limited time only I believe. They were fools not to keep it. It was verrrrry good, so good in fact, that I kept hearing a rumor they had “flatbread shortages”. LOL

2. 4X4, Animal Style says:

My Wendy’s already has these, as I saw them last night on the menu. Small combos run around $6, with the asiago ranch slightly more, as it is for just the flat alone. I unfortunately had a sandwich flatbread too similar to this for lunch, so I didn’t try either, as tempting as the bread looked.

A couple things I don’t like about these: Only grilled chicken. While Wendy’s has good grilled chicken, it’s no CFA. I’d mention Popeye’s, but this is grilled chicken we’re talking about. This also means no spicy chicken for the asiago ranch flat, which I think is the best chicken choice for the sandwich version of the same name.

Second, and more importantly, this feels like a Taco Bell/Subway promotion with the flavors being promoted: Honey mustard already exists for a nugget sauce, and asiago ranch exists in the aforementioned sandwich. The chicken meat itself looks like it’s the same one(s?) used in the salads. It’s more re-arrangements of products that already exist, in store, aside from the flatbread, which isn’t enough of a draw for me to buy two Go Wraps in tortilla wraps for the same price, and, seemingly, same size, one Flatbread. This just seems to be a Wendy’s knee-jerk reaction to McDonald’s McWrap.

Wouldn’t consider ordering one, except for the fact I believe I saw, in small print, everyone’s favorite phrase, limited time only.

• Ryan says:

I asked and was told you can get homestyle or spicy if you want.

• Bubbsy says:

I was offered different chicken types – Kalamazoo, MI

About the mix-and-match ingredients for new products – It doesn’t get my goat if they take a traditional combination that people like (chicken, spring mix, tomato, popular condiment) and try it in a completely new sandwich shell. I think they’re showcasing the new flatbread, I don’t think it’s similar to the Taco Bell mix-and-match phenomenon. But if for example Wendy’s put these ingredients on a baked potato, you would be right. The flatbread is significant enough new product though. It’s noteworthy they have 2 lettuce types for variety as well.

3. Mike N. says:

Remember the flat bread from Taco Bell a few years ago? Those were actually pretty tasty, and $1.

• MP says:

I do remember those, but quit getting them because each time it seemed like there was less & less chicken. I think my last one only had 5 pieces in it.

4. Robert says:

Reminds me of when Wendy’s had pita sandwiches, what, 15 years ago? And breadsticks. Mmmmmm.

This looks good, but it’s just making me think of that Long John Silver’s chalupa thing they had 4 or 5 years ago. Best thing on their menu ever. So pissed it didn’t stick around.

• Scrape says:

I remember them pita thingies Wendy’s had, they were good, and the pita made them very easy to eat on the go. You could have what pretty much equated to a fancy salad without untensils or mess. The new flatbreads look like they would be very difficult to eat without getting the sauces and stuffins all over yourself.

• KJ says:

Those pitas were my favorite! I loved the Garden Ranch Chicken and Chicken Caesar. I wish they’d bring those back instead.

• Zachary Jacob Zblewski says:

SUPERBAR!

5. Brad says:

I tried the honey mustard version of this last night. I have to say I was actually very disappointed. The flatbread itself was of the whole grain variety and there were plenty of whole grains to the point the meal was very gritty. The stuff inside was all good but the housing pretty much ruined it. So sad as I usually like Wendy’s promo specials (I’m looking at you bacon portabella melt).

6. Heidi says:

I remember the Wendy’s pitas. I really liked the chicken caesar pita and I remember, in particular, loving the very bottom fold of the pita that accumulated all the shredded parmesan and dressing.

7. Tara says:

I saw these the other day on the local Wendy’s menu here in West Virginia. Didn’t try them, was just getting nuggets for the little guy, but they look good.

8. yami says:

bring back the pita sandwiches. or at least give us a Cesar version of the flatbreads as well for those who don’t like ranch or mustard.

9. Jonathan Wayne says:

Man, all the major chains are just desperately adding any and everything to their menus hoping it will do well. Meanwhile Five Guys and Jimmy John’s continue to thrive with a very limited, simple but high quality menu. Hmm…

10. Raiders757 says:

Instead of this, I wish they would bring back the Chicken Caesar Pita they used to sell in the late 90′s. Loved those things.

11. Bob says:

That looks great. Haven’t been to Wendy’s for a while but will have to check it out. I’m a Five Guys fan too.

12. Rick says:

Spotted in Arlington, VA but I despise everything about my Wendy’s, so hopefully this weekend I’ll get my hands on one.

13. Rosy says:

Pleaes bring back the pitas! Way better then flatbread or those wraps