New-Look Wendy’s Starting Next Week

Starting next week, you’ll begin to see Wendy’s new logo appear in advertising, packaging and new crew uniforms, among other areas.

Wendy's New Logo The logo, which was first unveiled in October, is part of Wendy’s ongoing brand transformation, which also includes the following new or recently launched components:

• Image Activation Restaurants:  Bold, sleek, ultra-modern designs that feature lounge seating with fireplaces, flat-screen TVs, Wi-Fi and digital menuboards.

Wendy's 2013 New Interior Design

Wendy's 2013 New Exterior Design

• Packaging:  Cups, bags and other items will roll out in March 2013.

Wendy's 2013 New Packaging

• New Crew Uniforms:  New crew uniforms will be introduced throughout restaurants in North America, starting in June 2013, and be replaced within all restaurants by June 2014.

New Wendy's Uniforms 2013

When we did a poll to see what the GrubGrade readers thought of the new Wendy’s logo, most of you didn’t really care, but as you can see, more changes are coming soon.  Fireplaces, Wi-Fi, new employee uniforms are cool and all, but I’m still waiting for the Grandfather of Son of Baconator.

26 comments on “New-Look Wendy’s Starting Next Week

1. Scrape says:

I think this particular rebranding was a mistake, it is poorly done. I would not have eliminated the use of yellow from the logo or the building, as the yellow is more closely associated with Wendy’s. The new prototype building looks pretty much just like a Burger King now. Kudos for putting in the Coke Freestyle machines ad for getting with the free refill program, but you’ll have to wait forever before this actually hits the stores. You’ll have to wait forever for any of it to be done. Wendy’s owners seem to be the cheapest when it comes to renovation or remodeling. A bunch of them were recently remodeled around here, and almost nothing was done inside, and the outside looks like they spent $5 on it, using the cheapest of the cheap materials. McDonalds are palaces compared to Wendys, and even BKs are better.
    They need to do some serious work on their menu though…they got rid of too many menu items (the original chocolate frosty, the W and the Bacon Classic) and now charge too much for their value items as well.
    It won’t be too long before Wendys falls from beating BK as it has always been terribly mismanaged since Dave Thomas died.

• MP says:

What they taught us in marketing & is common knowledge now: the color red entices people to shop. However, red is already associated with McDonald’s, Arby’s, Chick-fil-A, Pizza Hut, KFC, Hardee’s,etc. When I thought “Wendy’s”: yellow napkins, yellow cups, yellow signage. It’s like sports teams when too many want to wear navy blue, black or red. There’s so little variety anymore. I will say, the Wendy’s 1990s update to a copper exterior has faded pretty badly & did quickly in a short amount of time, but the new exterior update looks more like a 1990s McDonald’s copycat. “All those tall windows – does that mean there’s a playpen? I don’t like playpens, children or all that noise. Doesn’t make me want to go inside”.
      While the new Wendy’s look stinks & the logo sucks, doing something over nothing is better publicity. Wendy’s food has a long way to go before it’s as crummy as BK. Pissing me off with the new fries (and apparently the new Frosty) is minor compared to their main offerings.
      I don’t know why the hell a fast food place needs a fireplace!

• Klee says:

I don’t think they “need” a fire place, but it couldn’t hurt. They don’t need pictures on the wall either, but they make a place look better and feel more inviting.

2. Jessica Johnson says:

I miss the W burger…

3. Chefprotoss says:

I went a few years without eating at Wendy’s, amd after going a few times recently, my only issue is with cold food. My fresh cooked burger from Five Guy’s or even McDonald’s has melted cheese. Why can’t Wendy’s do that? My guess is because I receive my order a bit too quickly. Stop pre cooking the damn patties. No one eating at I-N-Out seems to mind waiting for fresh cooked food. I don’t either. If I’m in a hurry, I’ll get a hot dog from 7-Eleven. I do approve of the wifi though… Just my two cents.

4. Matt T says:

I don’t see any mention of the SuperBar here. They are bringing back the SuperBar, right?!

5. Dormroomnights says:

Looks like a popeyes from a distance

6. Liz says:

I miss their salad bar. I wish they would bring that back. Ive always thought they should introduce a vegetarian chili, as well. I don’t like the fact that they have changed the cup that the Large Frosty comes in. It used to come in a Large paper cup, now you get less and it’s in that stupid plastic cup (like McDonald’s uses). I still live Wendy’s very much. A few minor additions/changes could go a long way.

7. I really miss the yellow, and I wish they’d ditch the cardboard sandwich boxes. They’re a waste of paper.

I’m digging the Freestyle. The only one around here is in a Moe’s Southwest Grill. The Wendy’s interiors around me are terrible, so hopefully they’ll all get some help.

8. Spencer says:

I agree that it’s a mistake to totally drop the yellow. The new logo, font and building look to me like a fried chicken restaurant. They want to move away from the old-fashioned branding but they’ve wound up with something that looks very country/ranch.

9. Mike N. says:

I kind of wish they would have pared down the extravagance in favor of keeping the prices low. I don’t want to pay $6 for a fast food burger just so I can stare at a fireplace while I’m waiting to order.

10. T.J. says:

I went to one of these new fancy Wendys near Hershey Park last summer. Yes the fake fireplace is nice and the seating was nice for our large group but the prices were much higher than I’ve seen at Wendy’s before that, and no difference noticed in the food.

11. shthar says:

Let me know when they bring back the good meat.

12. Starkzilla says:

A shame. That money should’ve been put into better food and not the dry, square pucks they call hamburger patties.

13. maxchain says:

Oh no I won’t! Not until they start getting consistent with that blasted value menu of theirs.

14. Raposin says:

Well I’m glad that they are changing everything. I think it will brighten up the place and make it stand out more. Every time I go to a Wendy’s it is so hard for me to see them because they don’t stand out that much. It will probably bring in more business too.

15. Laura Koeppel says:

The design is much like that of KFC now..very unoriginal imo

16. Reggie says:

Too much red, logo typeface reminds me of Chick fil A, and the new Wendy looks like Pippi Longstocking. Sigh, I miss the old Wendy’s with corn dusted buns and the Big Bacon Classic.

17. John says:

Am I the only one who doesn’t like those Coke Freestyle things?

• Ryan says:

Probably. Why not?

• Chefprotoss says:

Why don’t they ever have ginger ale? All those combinations and no damn ginger ale!

• John says:

They all seem to be a bit off on their mix. A regular coke from a regular fountain has more of a true coke taste to me. Same with all the others… Mello, Pibb, etc.

My wife brought home dinner one time from a place I didn’t even know had them, and I mentioned that the Coke tasted strange.

I don’t know, maybe its just in my head.

18. Sarah says:

Why do the new Wendy’s bags have mom written under Wendy?

19. lindsey says:

I live in va we had one.of the first prototype stores where i live and the stores and the new menu are amazing theyy have diffrent deserts and its way cleaner and the service is less sucky most people actually want to eat inside its always packed i love the new image the company has givin themselves

20. LK says:

There is a ‘new’ Wendy’s in my neighborhood and I have to say I’m not impressed in any way with the new store design. It lacks any inviting aspect whatsoever. The fireplace and surrounding chairs are RIGHT inside the door, so if you were trying to sit there for a more relaxing experience you would have the foot traffic in and out of the restaurant going right by you , plus the cold air blasting you in the winter. What the heck? The line for ordering and the drink and condiment station basically encircle (and take up too much of) the main dining area. Everything is too crammed together and too small. The booths are too small. It basically looks, feels (and for some reason smells) like a hospital cafeteria. I will be limiting my patronage to the drive-thru. The only thing that’s better is there is more selection of soft drinks now with the new machines. Overall…Bad move, Wendy’s.