Viva Young Super Bowl Commercial from Taco Bell, Free Churro on February 4

Check out the Taco Bell “Viva Young” commercial that will be airing during the Super Bowl this Sunday.  Think of this as the sequel to this teaser.

A pre-game ad will promote the brands Cantina Bell Steak Burrito and there will be a Facebook offer for a free churro with any purchase on Monday, February 4th (Live Mas Monday).  Limit one per person per coupon while supplies last at participating locations.  I’m currently trying to find out if this “new” Cantina Bell Steak Burrito is different in any way from the original Cantina Bell menu lineup that was released last summer nationwide.Cantina Bell Steak Burrito Taco BellIt’s still just 6 or 7 months old, so it looks like it may just be a reintroduction to get some new life out of the brand… advertising around Super Bowl Sunday should help.

9 comments on “Viva Young Super Bowl Commercial from Taco Bell, Free Churro on February 4

1. Jeff in Middletucky says:

Taco Bell needs to GIVE IT UP ALREADY with the Cantina Bell menu! The fact that they’re impotently re-pimping this crap only attests to that fact. Hint, powers-that-be at Taco Bell: Most of us don’t give a flying fig about you bringing in Lorena Garcia (America’s Next Great Restaurant? ‘Nuff said) and trying to horn into Chipotle’s territory. They find the choices and the food rote and uninspiring, and they (read: *I*) just want you to hurry up and roll out the Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Taco already!

2. Roger C. says:

It’s supposedly new steak. I couldn’t taste the difference. Yeah, and Cantina Bell is lame. Time for it to go away.

• Colin K says:

It’s hard to taste anything with the half pound of lime sauce they put on everything on the Cantina Bell menu. The reason it’s failing isn’t the food, it’s the price. Sure I want to eat healthier, but that Burrito is 8 bucks. I could get 8 of the 99 cent Loaded Griller burritos for that.

• Suzanne says:

I disagree. Plenty of people are happy to shell out 8 bucks for a decent burrito at Chipotle. Taco Bell’s quality just isn’t anywhere near there. They haven’t figured out that you can’t make premium food using sub-premium ingredients.

3. Cantina Bell is very good and so much better than the garbage that Chipotle and Qdoba sell. More people need to give it a chance. Plus it is cheaper.

• Jeff in Middletucky says:

Taco Bell needs to give you a raise, Mr. Wayne, for such diligent, hard work.

• Uh huh. Have you actually tried it, I bet not.

I generally don’t like Taco Bell for your information and am not really a fan of their steak. I like this, the Gorditas, Doritos Locos, the churro, the carmel apple empanada and a few other items. My next door neighbor is one of their vice presidents though and all the years that I have lived next to him not once has he given me or any of the other neighbors any coupons, gift certificates or anything from them.

Very cheap of you Taco Bell, very cheap.

My local Qdoba runs a special every Wednesday and I get it once in awhile and it is okay but not good. They need to toast their wraps. I just went on a road trip and tried Chipotle in 2 different states and it was utter garbage in both and overpriced. There is a local guy here in town that makes amazing Mexican food like a god, unfortunately his business skills suck and I fear he will go out of business because of that.

• Jeff in Middletucky says:

I tried the Cantina Bell menu, twice, as soon as it came out. First time I had a steak burrito, second time a chicken bowl. While the bowl was slightly tastier than the burrito, neither item: A) was all that earth shattering (or even interesting), B) was of sufficient quality to make the folks at Chipotle, Qdoba, Hot Head, etc., quake in their boots, or C) had me longing to stuff more Cantina Bell grub down my gullet.

So… next?

• Suzanne says:

I have tried it and it was terrible. Slimy meat, same old lame lettuce and pico de gallo, the rice was overcooked and over salted.