Hidden Menu at Panera Bread

It’s been available for weeks, but I just found out about this hidden menu at Panera.  I’m always slightly embarrassed to make a “hidden menu” order because half the time I get a blank stare.  One day I will finally order the Chipotle Quesarito.  Take a look at the hidden menu at Panera Bread:Panera Hidden Menu“Developed by Scott Davis, Panera Bread’s Chief Concept Officer, Panera’s “off-the-menu” dishes offer nourishing options that make sticking to New Year’s resolutions simple. All of these meal selections are an excellent source of protein and contain limited processed carbs. But you won’t find these items on banners in our cafes, or even on the menu board. Here’s how you get the dishes — just tell one of our associates that you’re ordering from the “Hidden Menu”, and they’ll take care of it from there.”Panera Hidden Menu Breakfast

Panera Hidden Menu Lunch Dinner 1

Panera Hidden Menu Lunch Dinner 2

29 comments on “Hidden Menu at Panera Bread

1. Roger C. says:

I’m not impressed.

• Sascha says:

How could you not be?

• NayNay20 says:

That guy is never impressed by anything.

• Roger C. says:

You mean I have high standards?

• I don’t think it looks terrible, but certainly not impressive. Can you tell me why you think this is impressive, especially at the prices Panera will likely charge for it? Is some lettuce, diced cucumber, eggs or meat thrown into a bowl really that impressive to you?

• CC says:

For someone on a ketogenic diet, this is pretty much the only thing you can eat at Panera’s. Which means that now you can actually eat there.

• Roger C. says:

@CC, I’m just rolling my eyes. Wow. Is this a voluntary diet, or something that you really have to be on because it could be dangerous to your health?

• Sascha says:

Who else in the fast/fast casual market serves this? I’ve only had Panera’s twice (no Roger, I do not work there), but have been impressed by the quality and freshness of the food. I’d definitely pay the $7 for one of these. Or maybe, I just impress easily. I remember being about the only person on the site who likes the Bacon Burger, so there is that.

2. Cali says:

I my self have read about these “secret” menus…Im just curious about the experience that people have when ordering from them. I want to try the Neapolitan shake at Mc D’s but am too afraid to ask.

3. Brian says:

Don’t be afraid to order these items. I’m an Assistant Manager at a Panera and they have a build card right there for us to make these items since we don’t get very many and the ingredients in them is a little harder to memorize. Our cashiers know about it it’s not like ordering a McGangbang at McD’s lol.

4. Jennifer says:

I have had the Chicken Hummus Bowl with an added packet of the olive oil dressing and it was amazing. I loved it.

5. Heidi says:

Here’s what I don’t get: Why don’t they just put it on the dang regular menu?! Half the time I go to a place, I won’t remember the “secret menu” even though I’d probably rather eat something from it. Just tell us about it. Geez!

• Ljay says:

Bingo. Although I’m guessing that these selections are over-priced as is most of their fare, they look to be right up my alley and I would probably be willing to pay for these products.

Just put them on the menu.

6. Rhonda Ferhnia says:

It is an odd menu. Most of these items seem low carb, maybe that is part of the reason they are on the secret menu at Panera Bread?

7. Sandy says:

Seriously, WTF, just put the menu out there for folks to see! What a stupid idea. Another reason why I really don’t like Panera. Overpriced food, you can easily duplicate at home.

• Roger C. says:

Not really. Panera is actually pretty good, especially for value. More so than other places. I love it. The secret menu is just crap too.

8. Joe S says:

Have to agree with Rhonda, they probably don’t want to draw too much attention to the fact that their ‘healthy power menu’ is completely lacking in bread…

9. Raiders757 says:

I have to agree with a few of the others. Why even have a “secret menu”? The steak wraps sound pretty good, but I’ve only tried Panera once, and probably won’t go there very often due to better options within walking distance. Thing is, when I do eventually go there, I’ll have forgotten about this tasty sounding option.

10. Jax says:

They are creating free buzz.

Had one of the items tonight – loved it!

FYI there are loads of us low-carb or gluten free and paleo folks out there that these items will do very well – hidden or on display. I never at Panera because I don’t eat bread. Now I eat at Panera.

My salad was $7 and was fresh and delicious.

11. Christina says:

For three days in a row, I’ve visited a Panera Bread in Atlanta and ordered from the secret menu. For starters, I appreciate the healthy option being available and the dishes were splendid and light. But, you have to have the mindset that you are choosing the “healthy option”.

As for service, I struck out three times. Each time that I placed my order, I got the deer in the headlights look from the cashier. Why hide the healthy menu from the customers AND from the staff.

Anywho…. the Power Spinach Salad is great and so is the Power egg white breakfast.

I think that the idea of a secret menu is annoying, but I’m glad that the healthy options exist.

Atlanta

12. Griff says:

Location location location….. Quality differs.

13. George says:

When I go to a restaurant I want to know what is available. Period. If there is a special, put it in writing. Seeing 25 or so items on a menu board or menu and then adding other options verbally when I don’t have a lot of time to make choices is confusing and unnecessary.

14. […] a year ago to the day I mentioned a secret menu item from Chipotle on a post about the secret menu at Panera.  Looks like the secret […]