GrubGrade Readers Vote McDonald’s Best Fast Food Breakfast

Our “Best Fast Food Breakfast” poll was over early with McDonald’s taking a big lead and never looking back.  Over 1600 votes were cast and McDonald’s claims the morning throne.Egg McMuffinChick-fil-A and Carl’s Jr./Hardee’s rounded out the top 3 and no other restaurants really had much impact in the poll.  Something to keep in mind… McDonald’s also has a big lead in number of restaurants in the United States.  How did you vote?  Does McDonald’s deserve the breakfast crown?Best Fast Food Breakfast

16 comments on “GrubGrade Readers Vote McDonald’s Best Fast Food Breakfast

1. SmoledMan says:

I’m not surprised. McDonalds has a lot of “healthier” entries, plus the lattes and free WiFi.

2. Nick says:

I did vote for McDonalds, but I think the field overall is very weak. So it’s less of an endorsement of them than a commentary on the quality of fast food breakfast.

• TJ says:

I wouldn’t say that the field is very weak, but it is inconsistent. With McDonald’s, you’re almost always going to get what you expect, and it’s usually pretty good. The exception would be Carl’s Jr./Hardee’s, they are great if you want something on the heartier side… but with far less locations, I can see why they didn’t get as many votes. Jack in the Box isn’t the best and they don’t have as many locations too… but their whole menu is available 24/7, which deserves some credit.

3. Mary says:

I voted McDonalds, though I usually go to Tim Hortons if I’m having a fast food breakfast. Tim Hortons is great for coffee and donuts or bagels. McDonalds is good for greasy meat sandwiches.

4. Hungry Guy says:

Doesn’t Subway have more stores than McDonalds in the USA and globally? It didn’t do so well…

5. Christian says:

I like how you chose the burnt, gross looking Egg McMuffin for the picture!! Hilarious! I disagree about McDonald’s being the best. I just don’t think people branch out much from there because there are so many locations and it’s cheapest.

6. Mikey D says:

I seriously thought that was a trick question, there is no good fast food breakfast. On the few occasions I’ve had to eat the junk, I find myself spending most of the rest of the day sitting on the toilet.

7. M86 says:

I’m not a breakfast fan… I think eggs are something the devil invented, but I do enjoy anything/all without eggs.

Also, why can’t I get a decent cinnamon roll or muffin at a fast food place? Is that too much to ask?

8. Chefprotoss says:

If we were to re-tally the votes based on number of locations vs number of votes, Hardee’s would have won easily.

9. T.J. says:

I’ve only been to a Carls Jr. once but they had a different breakfast menu than what I’m used to at Hardees. Wound up trying the “Breakfast Burger” at Carl’s which I wouldn’t mind seeing introduced at Hardees!

10. Lancaster says:

I’ve got to hand it to McDonald’s, for defining fast food breakfast and then managing to stay on top all these years. They’ve managed to keep their signature items relevant, and their cash flow has let them evolve the menu through a lot of trial-and-error that other establishments wouldn’t be able to afford. That, plus their ubiquity and ability to remain at a certain level of quality, has secured their position. Well done!

11. Shane_H says:

I’m a little surprised JITB scored so low. You can get breakfast 24/7 there.

12. PeterM says:

I voted for McD’s – I LOVE the egg mcmuffin. I will never eat at Chik-Fil-Hate, so I won’t ever know.